Ford Mustang Forum banner

A few questions

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  preacherman 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, let me start off by saying how amazing the mustangs have become ive only owned 2 a 2003 and my new 2015 and all i can say is wow.

Now on the the point, I just bought a 2015 5.0 50th anniversary convertible mustang. For the most part i love it, but i do have a few questions for you nice people.

The first one is "Is there any difference to performance in the coupe vs the verts"?

The second one is "Is there anyway to keep the car in sport + mode even after you turn the car off"?

The final question "in my next paycheck im going to do a series of upgrades to the car itself, and would like everyone's options on them. Im coming from a 2013 orange blacked out camaro, so i do enjoy the stealth look to a car. Now with the 50th appearance package i lose some of that. So below i am going to list a few of the mods or changes i want to do and you can tell me which ones i should do first last or not at all.

1. Paint/Change rims to black.
2. Tent Windows.
3. change stock Grill to t - rex blacked out grill.
4. new exhaust.
5. change the red hood vents to black.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
new takeoff has the heat extractor hood vents in pretty much all colors for like $100. that's where I got the black ones I put on my car.

#3 ·
I would tint the windows first. Then I would do the exhaust second unless you're ok with how quiet the stock one sounds. I personally just ordered the Corsa Xtreme 3IN Catback Ehaust with the Black tips just because I have an Oxford White 2015 GT Mustang and thought it would accentuate it pretty well. Oh and of course, I like me a loud exhaust. If you don't want loud, then do NOT go with this exhaust.
As far as your rims go, what color is your car? I think that's a wonderful idea nonetheless. I'm definitely making back darker black (they're already black) which would pop really nice with the white of the mustang. I'm also going to be painting my brake calipers red, so that's also something you can do is paint your brake calipers. In addition to this, when it comes to the rest it's really up to what your preferences are. For me, I will most definitely make my 5.0 badges glossy black, as well as my GT emblem and my Pony in the front also glossy black.
I will NOT be getting a Cold Air Intake because the stock one is far good enough, and on top of that I am saving for a Roush Phase 1 supercharger. So it'd be waste of money to get a CAI lol

Enjoy the car!! And post pics!

#5 ·
I made the appointment for my window tint for Saturday and I found some very nice time (I will post below) my goal is to buy rims tint the windows change the grill than change the exhaust. Because it is super quite for a 5.0 at the moment I'm unsure if I want to add a k-bar to it for the inevitable moment I want a supercharger ha-ha.

Rims: http://www.oewheelsllc.com/Wheels_3...els-Black-Machined-Face-19x9-SET#.VcH39MvD9nE

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.