Ford Mustang Forum banner

Bama supercharger Cali carb legal??

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cudaman 
#1 ·
I know the kit is based on the whipple supercharger. Is it considered a tuner kit or will it be carb legal?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
I don't think any tuner kit is CARB legal. Too many variables and when the kits are certified CARB legal it is with a specific tune. If you install a CARB legal kit, then have a tuner write a different tune for it, technically you are no longer legal.

#4 ·
I don't think any tuner kit is CARB legal. Too many variables and when the kits are certified CARB legal it is with a specific tune. If you install a CARB legal kit, then have a tuner write a different tune for it, technically you are no longer legal.

Correct, but a lot of tuners give it the "something special" for the 2500 RPM road-like on-the-roller test that will make it pass an actual smog test at that rated RPM/speed. So long as it passes the test, and you can show the carb sticker/documentation that it was purchased with the CARB tune, you can pass "under-the-bar".... Of course, at 5500 RPMs, not sure if it would pass or not. They will lean out the injectors after 2700-2800 RPMs to wring out the power

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.