Ford Mustang Forum banner

Heads Up Display

5K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  OracleHCR 
#1 ·
It's been a while since I've had an automatic and I'm still getting used to it. I'm still breaking the engine in and the tach hasn't been north of 4K. When I first start the car I get a string of red lights projected up on the windshield. Do those same light come on if you approach redline? I haven't been able to find anything in the owner's manual. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
Do you have adaptive cruise control? The red lights flash up on the windshield when you get too close to the vehicle ahead of you and are in risk of a collision. At least that is the way it works in my dad's MKS.

#5 ·
No thank god! I did almost crash into a bus when I first started using it. I thought it was on and it wasn't - dummy!! It's too bad there is no heads up for the tach. In the Sports Mode driving with the paddles it would be helpful but I think you are correct in that it only deals with the adaptive cruise control. I was just reading that the GT350 has a really cool heads up for the tach. I guess we needed to spend more money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.