Ford Mustang Forum banner

Noise from front of car; maybe suspension/strut related

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BullittprfVest 
#1 ·
Been noticing a clunk or rattle coming from the front of my car(can't figure out which side, possibly both) whenever I go over small bumps, speed humps, or even road reflectors. Usually between 10 and 30 mph. I can even feel it in the steering wheel and the accelerator pedal when I hit these bumps. It hasn't affected performance as of yet, but it is annoying and definitely not normal, especially on a year old car. A friend of mine told me to check the struts, and strut tower bolts to see if they've backed off a little. Can't find the specs for the bolts though. Nothing has been done to the suspension on the car.

I've checked lugs on all the wheels, and taken the wheels off to do a visual.Has anyone had an issue like this, or have any idea what it could be/possible fix?

Thanks

#3 ·
Guess I'll take it in and see what they say at the dealership. Just curious what it could be. Definitely feels like something is loose or getting hung and releasing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.