Ford Mustang Forum banner

2015 Mustang Darting Issue

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  pmr2000 
#1 ·
Bought a used 2015 GT Premium 5.0, test drive rode nice but over the past few weeks I have noticed the car darts side to side sometimes, it seems random reminds me of when my trac-bar in my truck was loose/worn bushing. It's pretty bad I was going into a corner and it practically darted off the road. Has anybody else experienced this type of handling behavior? When I bought the car the car fax said it had rear impact damage dealership told it was a shopping cart damage not sure if believe them now.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

#2 ·
I experienced the same thing with a 2005 GT I bought about a year ago. The steering was extremely touchy and downright darty in turns at freeway speed. Some moron had left one of the two brand new rear tires inflated to 45 PSI, and the other at 32 PSI. The two front tires (75% new) were both inflated to 30 PSI. I re-inflated all four to the factory spec, and the darty behavior went away.

#4 ·
How is the road surfce your driving on? Cracks and uneven surfaces can cause this depending on your type of tire.

#5 ·
First thing I would check would be the air pressure (like others have said) in the tires. Then I would check to see if your steering setting is adjustable and set at a setting your not happy with. Should be on the dash display showing what setting it is adjusted to. Next thing I would check is the front end alignment. Last thing (like others have said) I would check, see if its just the one road and not doing it on other roads. I thought I was driving very jerky on a straight 5 mile stretch on the interstate, ended up being the surface of the highway and nothing to do with my driving :)

#6 ·
Experienced the same on non-flat roads...just seems to tramline easy maybe because of the wider rear track. Perhaps some tires bring this out more, my C5 Corvette did the same with staggered setup.

Does not do it on level road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.