Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1995 Mustang GT-Need to replace my speakers

8K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  secoolishb91 
#1 ·
Hi, i have a 95 GT Convertible with the mach 460 system, the only thing i have is an aftermarket deck which is an JVC KD-HDR20, the radio sounds really good and it's an hd unit, but i hear my door subs cracking, and they need to be replaced, and my subs in the back are starting to go to, so i decided i'll just replace all of the speakers, and i need to know what size speakers, and what brand of speakers that i should get, i want to replace all of the tweeters, ssubs etc... i am not educated in car ausio so i need to know also how many speakers are in the car total, and how many subs are in the car total, i might get some subs in the trunk later on, but i'll hold off on that, and i will keep the mach 460 system in the car, so i would just be changing my lows amp for the subs in the trunk. I am not going to go all out like some people do with there cars with audio.

#2 ·
there 6x8 or 5x7 same size even tho they dont sound like it they are i do this for a liveing, but thats front and back i would use sound stream i really like them and you get a 2 year warrnety. the speakers on top of the door you shouldnt have 2 replace there just a tweeter they rarely go bad. just make sure you get a good quality speaker because of the amps in the car you dont want to by a cheap set then just blow them 2. but go with sound stream, power bass, kicker,cadince there all good im just a big sound steam fan youll know why if you get a set of them. just rember dont get the bottom line no matter wht brand you deside to go with

#3 ·
Is sound stream as good as like jl audio,pioneer,kicker,or kenwood? ok so your saying that the fron two door subs are 6x8 or 5x7? that also includes the subs in the back ? ok so in the car there is 4subs, and 2 speakers (tweters) ? making it 6 in total speakers? one of my speakers is also making a buzzing sound i beleive its the passenger tweeter, i would just replace everything at once, just so i know i have some new speakers, how do i know of what watt of speakers to get ? now if i get soundstream what model of each speaker should i get? and what model number of tweeters should i get? I am not educated when it comes to the car audio part so sorry if i am alittle confusing. I also want to have the same amount of bass my car gives off now, if not a little bit more bass

#4 ·
you will have better sound then wht you have and yes there is 6 speakers in your car i have the mach system in my car az well.6x8 and 5x7 are the same size just some brands call them 6x8s and other 5x7s. i would go with the tarantula series the model number is SST5.7 there top of the line and there a very very good speaker.yes sound stream is as good as all of the brands youve listed there just not az well known because you cant buy them at large chains like the other ones. you get a better warrnty and a better price. your speakers on top of your doors there tweeters and i cant get a size on them but there most likey 1inch thats the common size tws.1 is a model # for one

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.