Ford Mustang Forum banner

Bought Adjustable Steeda UCA ,Bracket or not ?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  burke985 
#1 ·
Alright suspension Guru's ,bought the Steeda adjustable UCA and just wondering if the stock bracket is good enough. I know a heavy duty one is better but i have friends that run slicks on the stock UCA and bracket and do fine. Car sees street duty probably more than 99% of the time and is going to the track for the first time next friday and honestly thats the only reason i bought the UCA to ensure the pinion angle is correct when i make some hard launches next week . Ive never had an issue with wheel hop or vibration issues even after i dropped it with the steeda sport springs. any thoughts ?

#5 ·
As far as good enough, that depends on how you define good enough. Is it good enough to go to the track and do some racing, yes. Would it benefit you to replace it, yes. Our bracket eliminates the flex in the factory one and also allows for adjusting instant center, which can be used to plant the tires better among other things, but for what you describe you should be alright without upgrading the bracket.

But if you do want to upgrade ... you know where we are :bigthumbsup

TJ

#9 ·
Yeah I was just being a cheap ass I knew it was the right thing to do from the beginning its just hard to get excited about a UCA and bracket. Most Boring 300 spent so far

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.