Ford Mustang Forum banner

New Edge GT fetching over 50k at Jackson

4K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Dana W 
#1 ·
http://www.gasmonkeygarage.com/six-...ld-record-at-barrett-jackson-scottsdale-2017/

I know most of us do not have anywhere near this low of miles on oir new edge mustangs. But none the less I thought this is pretty cool to see. I know there are a lot of doubters out here, but I still believe that our cars well fetch a buck or 2 in the next decade. I have seen new edges around my mileage within a few hundred mile radius asking mid to high teens. Just saying.

#2 ·
That red interior! I didn't know that was still a thing in '94. *barf*

The triple white is a little much, but there is some allure to it... it's kind of cool.

The problem with these cars is that they sold a trillion of them. You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a Mustang. So, I don't believe these cars will ever have additional value above book value. Perhaps 30 or 40 years from now, if you've got a clean Fox or New Edge Mustang in the garage with decent mileage on it, it'll be a collectable. But in the near future I don't see these cars ever being valuable.

He gets a fortune for his collection because the mileage on the odometer is ultra rare and the as-shipped packaging is still on the car.

#3 ·
fortune no....but I still believe the same is true with cool cars of every gen. Once some time has gone by and there are a lot less of them out there (especially ones with lower mileage and in good condition) it is going to generate some demand.

I realize Dennis's collection is extremely unique and does not set the bar for the rest of us, but it does confirm that the interest is there for the prime examples.

At one time or another you could say that there where too many (insert year, make, model of choice), but time and time again it holds true. Guys get to a point in their lives and they chase after their youth. a big part of that is the cars they remember as kids and teenagers. there are some pretty unimpressive (performance spec wise) cars from the 70's and 80's that are starting to get attention and demand some money. The reason? exactly what I explained above.

10-15 years is a long time. Electric cars could be the norm, or smaller displacement + electric, who knows. You don't think that will have an impact on car values?

I think once the new edge is considered a classic (25 year mark) I think its not unrealistic to see nice, lower mileage examples fetch high teens to low 20's. Not to bad for people picking them up now for 10K of less.

#4 ·
Mine won't fetch anything ;) 183k on the body, 45k on the engine...nothing stock on it...

That collection is pretty cool though!

Reactions: SonicBlue02
#5 ·
The cars also come from "a collection" that's associated w a D-Bag who is currently in pop culture. So some other d-bag thought the collection namesake was cool enough to warrant ridiculous pricing. John Smith would have a hard time selling a '94 with six miles on it for $12k.
10 years from now people will be asking, "who's Richard Rawligs?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Everyone's got their own opinion on the matter and that's cool. I like to think I have a good intuition on this stuff cause I have flipped a few cars over the years and have taken some vehicles others told me was a waste of time and turned several thousand dollar profits in under a few weeks. Maybe I just got a luck a few times and am off my rocker.

I posted cause I thought it was pretty cool to see some of our gen in the group.

I still think our cars will get there, and as I said before, I live in central, IL and I have seen a several GT new edge verts in the 40K +/- range going for mid teens already. I have seen Fox, verts with the same mileage into the low 20's.

Only time will tell.

#8 ·
Theres different kinds of auctions. Jacksons and Mecums is not (in my opinion) where u go to get a steal. Its where u go to showcase and let the market drive the profit. Sometimes you win, sometimes not. I personally did not expect to see a new edge with any miles or any condition ever pull that kind of money even 40 years from now. But its still kind of cool that it did. I shared because i hear a lot of folks dog our gen, and it was simply just to push a little pride that maybe they are not to shabby afterall.

#10 ·
I agree with one of your points, however. If electric/solar/hybrid/automated vehicle technology does become the norm over the next 15-20 years (and I have doubts about that, but that's for another thread) then it would increase the value of traditional combustion vehicles such as the Mustang that are near and dear to people's hearts.

I just got my property taxes in the mail yesterday, and they've got my car officially valued at $3,075.00. That's half what I paid for it 18 months ago, but at least it keeps my costs down. :)

Reactions: 145566
#13 ·
The other day I saw an 07 shelby gt-h go for $100k, which is pretty ridiculous I say. Yeah it's only one of... But I think it's pretty much just an 07 gt with a paint scheme.
http://performance.ford.com/enthusi...shelby/shelby-gt-h/2007-ford-shelby-gt-h.html
That car would blend in in a Walmart parking lot. If I'm spending that kind of money I want a car that even the non car guy would notice.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2007-SHELBY-GT-H-CONVERTIBLE-204192

#14 ·
The other day I saw an 07 shelby gt-h go for $100k, which is pretty ridiculous I say. Yeah it's only one of... But I think it's pretty much just an 07 gt with a paint scheme.
That car would blend in in a Walmart parking lot. If I'm spending that kind of money I want a car that even the non car guy would notice.
2007 SHELBY GT-H CONVERTIBLE - 204192

Arrrrgh. A Retro replica built into a replica? The fog lights are in the wrong place for a 500 GT "H" or not. If I were looking for a 2007, it would be the 500KR. Why mess around? :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.