2000 Mustang GT Repair Manual & PDF Files - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-31-2008 Thread Starter
2000 Mustang GT Repair Manual & PDF Files

I'm searching for repair/user manual PDF files detailing how to remove the center console and possibly the dash on a 2000 GT. Anyone know of a site that may have those files for viewing?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008
I suggest you go try on Amazon site. That's the best book offered on your car. But you can only scan some pages on it in there. but if I were you, just purchase your repair manual online.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008
Made Member
4.6L Member
id suggest buying a haynes repair manual for every car you own you can get one at the local parts store.. will be a good investment

2003 Whipple Cobra Coupe(Cruise Car)...
2000 Mustang GT Coupe (Race Car)...
Well It's Enough To Kill ANY Of Those Jap Cars

"Real Cars Don't Power The Front Wheels, They Lift Them"
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-27-2011
Angry Same question, need a better answer?

Well, 3 years later and I am asking the same question. I ordered the Haynes manual this am but not quite sure that is going to answer my question. Right now I need to replace the bezel in the center console and don't see an easy way to get it out. I am not a mechanic but I want to learn how to work on this car. This will be a life long keeper.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
I maybe able to help with Ford service manuals on DVD's. PM if interested.

2003 GT Convertible (sold & missed)
2000 GT coupe (Craigslist project. Fixed. Now my DD). Windsor to Romeo swap.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011
Made Member
4.6L Member
center counsoul bezel.....Thats easy. Take out the radio, pop out the little pocket trey under the radio. I can't remeber the excact location but the bezel has a screw holding it to the dash sub-frame assembly. Its seems like it was behind the radio. I can't remember if their are other bolts or not and/or if you have to remove the center console just to remove the bezel. I have always been doing other things to the car that required a lot more to be taken off.......I just remember the screw behind the radio area being something that always tripped me up trying to get the bezel off. Sooo, keep in mind about that screw and remove all of the other obvious obstructions and you can pop it off.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011
help with manuals

Originally Posted by wmburns View Post
I maybe able to help with Ford service manuals on DVD's. PM if interested.
I have a 2000 Conv, 3.8L, and I am replacing the front bumper and air bags. I would love to have a Ford OEM maintenance/repair manual. Please let me know if that might be available.

Thanks in advance.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-07-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
The center stack bezel is very easy to remove. On mine, which is slightly different than 99-00 cars, you remove the shifter bezel first by simply unsnapping it, then just unsnap the center stack bezel. Whole thing takes about 20 seconds and the only tool you need is a flat screwdriver to pry up a ltlle on the shifter bezel.

+1 to getting a Haynes manual, and if all else fails go on autozone.com and they have a pretty decent free online manual.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page