Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 4.6 Mustang > 4.6L Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 02-08-2010   #1 (permalink)
wonBadgt is offline Rookie

wonBadgt's Country Flag
Rocktown   Illinois
wonBadgt is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Mustang GT coolant question

Im gonna change my coolant here soon does anyone know the specifications or how many quarts and water mix or i dunno???

2000 mustang gt auto
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2010   #2 (permalink)
gostriderblack is offline Made Member

4.6L Member

gostriderblack's Country Flag  View gostriderblack's 7 photos
Longmont   Colorado
gostriderblack is on a distinguished road

well they days of mixing coolant is gone although you pay the same amount for a gallon of 50/50 as a gallon of 100%. but if you do it at home id say change ur thermostat as well. and just fill till it doesnt need any more and fill the block if it needs it as well. i used like 3 gallons and still need'd more last time but i did have a leak.
Unread 02-08-2010   #3 (permalink)
AJCaron12 is offline Made Member

4.6L Member

AJCaron12's Country Flag
Manchester   New Hampshire
AJCaron12 is on a distinguished road

I have a cooling system filler kit from Matco tools. The thing is amazing. No more old fashion style filling it up and burping the system. You hook this thing up to the rad, and it has 2 hoses coming off of it that hang in the air. Hook an air hose up to it and put a vaccum on the system. Then put the other hose in a big jug of coolant, flip the switch and it will suck in as much as it needs and you're done! Great for flat rate techs!
SCT tuner...SLP powerflo catback...JLT short ram intake...Typhoon intake manifold...Professional products throttle body...C&L intake plenum...Steeda underdrive pulleys...Steeda tri-ax short throw shifter...05-09 Mustang GT shift knob...Steeda adjustable clutch cable, firewall adjuster, and quadrant kit...Eibach front sway bar...Steel strut bar...Tokico shocks...Polyurethane spring isolators...J&M rear lower control arms...Powerslot rotors...Nitto tires
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 02-08-2010   #4 (permalink)
Stage2 ROUSH is offline Made Member

4.6L Member

Stage2 ROUSH's Country Flag  View Stage2 ROUSH's 56 photos
Petal   Mississippi
Stage2 ROUSH is on a distinguished road

to mix it u need a 50/50 mix so if you need 2 quarts then 1 qt. of water and 1 qt. of antifreeze. and to answer how much ??? well it depends as when I tried to flush mine I did like the book said n pulled the bottom hose n tuned the pepcock and I only got a little over a gallon out but it should hold close to 3 gallons so......gost....u were runnin dry!!!!!!! first no oil then no water, hell son just give me that stang if u just don't want it (j/k)
Unread 02-08-2010   #5 (permalink)
treburkulouses is offline Rookie

treburkulouses's Country Flag
Kennedale   Texas
treburkulouses is on a distinguished road

Honestly I put 1 gallon of anti freeze in there and then fill the rest of the way up with water. Dont use tap water go buy a gallon of distilled.
Unread 02-08-2010   #6 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Petal   Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by treburkulouses View Post
Honestly I put 1 gallon of anti freeze in there and then fill the rest of the way up with water. Dont use tap water go buy a gallon of distilled.
WORNG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!!

If u don't mix it right then its NOT ANTI-FREEZE AND YOUR ENGINE WILL BE ONLY GOOD AS A BOAT ANCHOR!!!!!!!

mixing it too weak will let it freeze and putting only antifreeze and not enough water will ALSO let it freeze!!!!!!!!! follow the directions on the jug!!!!!! and mix it right!!!!! best is a 50/50 mix, no wonder why they sell it pre-mixed!!!!!!!!! Kids now can't even tell where to check the oil besides change the clutch or assemble an engine........

p.s. if you live down south then also mixing the antifreeze wrong can also make the car run hot!!!!!
Unread 02-08-2010   #7 (permalink)
sillyrabbit0420 is offline Top Dog

4.6L Member

sillyrabbit0420's Country Flag  View sillyrabbit0420's 4 photos
Colorado Springs   Colorado
sillyrabbit0420 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage2 ROUSH View Post
WORNG!!! WRONG!!! WRONG!!!

If u don't mix it right then its NOT ANTI-FREEZE AND YOUR ENGINE WILL BE ONLY GOOD AS A BOAT ANCHOR!!!!!!!

mixing it too weak will let it freeze and putting only antifreeze and not enough water will ALSO let it freeze!!!!!!!!! follow the directions on the jug!!!!!! and mix it right!!!!! best is a 50/50 mix, no wonder why they sell it pre-mixed!!!!!!!!! Kids now can't even tell where to check the oil besides change the clutch or assemble an engine........

p.s. if you live down south then also mixing the antifreeze wrong can also make the car run hot!!!!!
but...at least he's not using tap water.
Unread 02-08-2010   #8 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Petal   Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
but...at least he's not using tap water.
true just probably water shipped from China with lead in it HAHAHA

ps Dasani is French for dumb-a$$ americans paying high $$$ for water
Unread 02-09-2010   #9 (permalink)
treburkulouses is offline Rookie

treburkulouses's Country Flag
Kennedale   Texas
treburkulouses is on a distinguished road

I live in TX people, Not up north. We have never had a real hard freeze.
Unread 02-09-2010   #10 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Longmont   Colorado

first no oil then no water, hell son just give me that stang if u just don't want it (j/k)[/quote]

the oil thing is fixed i figured that one out, and i never started it with out coolant just had the bottom part of the return tube loose and lost like a gallon of fluid. but i caught it ill never let her go, never.
Unread 02-09-2010   #11 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Petal   Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by treburkulouses View Post
I live in TX people, Not up north. We have never had a real hard freeze.
HEY ROOKIE!!!! LISTEN UP!!! ANTIFREEZE ALSO DOES MORE THAN KEEP IT FROM FREEZING!!!!!!! IT ALSO RAISES THE BOILING POINT!!!!! (and keeps it from rusting) so unless it stays a cool 76 deg. where you live all year round you need to have the RIGHT MIXTURE of water/antifreeze (which is only alcohol). And if that mix ain't right then it will boil and no water pump in the world can pump steam..... Man after this thread I think I need the human type antifreeze cuz I'm about to boil!!!!!! 151 will work just fine!!!
Unread 02-09-2010   #12 (permalink)
2Manystangs is offline Banned

4.6L Member

2Manystangs's Country Flag
Tampa   Florida
2Manystangs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
HEY ROOKIE!!!! LISTEN UP!!! ANTIFREEZE ALSO DOES MORE THAN KEEP IT FROM FREEZING!!!!!!! IT ALSO RAISES THE BOILING POINT!!!!! (and keeps it from rusting) so unless it stays a cool 76 deg. where you live all year round you need to have the RIGHT MIXTURE of water/antifreeze (which is only alcohol). And if that mix ain't right then it will boil and no water pump in the world can pump steam..... Man after this thread I think I need the human type antifreeze cuz I'm about to boil!!!!!! 151 will work just fine!!!
Antifreeze isn't alcohol, it's ethylene glycol
Unread 02-09-2010   #13 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Petal   Mississippi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Manystangs View Post
Antifreeze isn't alcohol, it's ethylene glycol
ETHYLENE GLYCOL IS AN ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!! take a chemistry class and pass it!!!!! anything ending in "OL" is an alcohol !!!! but it is NOT a type u can drink that is why I said I needed the human type of alcohol NOT WOOD ALCOHOL or anything else that would kill you!!!!!!! DAM_ where is that stiff drink!!!!!! F- the 151, bust out the everclear!!!!!!!!
Unread 02-09-2010   #14 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Longmont   Colorado

Quote:
ETHYLENE GLYCOL IS AN ALCOHOL!!!!!!!!!! take a chemistry class and pass it!!!!! anything ending in "OL" is an alcohol !!!! but it is NOT a type u can drink that is why I said I needed the human type of alcohol NOT WOOD ALCOHOL or anything else that would kill you!!!!!!! DAM_ where is that stiff drink!!!!!! F- the 151, bust out the everclear!!!!!!!!
mmmmmm everclear... a freind smuggled a bottle of absenth from prague. (not sure if its legal hear or not) but that crap will calm you down real quik thien it made me supper mad. good stuff in moderation.. good rant though you really knew what you were saying
Unread 02-09-2010   #15 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Petal   Mississippi

thanks that first drink didn't quite do the trick but the fifth did
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162