02 GT My Experience with StangMods - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013 Thread Starter
Thumbs up 02 GT My Experience with StangMods

First I wanted to say Hello I am new here and am really just getting into the world of Mustang mods so my tech level is low at best lol but I am really loving it more and more and really learning alot. That being said I am no stranger to horrible customer service as well as great customer service and so I just wanted to share my experience today with "Stangmods.com". It started on Saturday after doing tons of research I finally made my decided based on the "Truth about Throttle Bodies" thread to get the C&L plenum and a MAC 75mm Throttle body for my lightly modded 02 gt 5spd(mods are: MGW Shifter, Airaid CAI, Flowmaster catback, 3.73 Ford gears,and matched with a Bama Tuner). So after making the order for the throttle body from StangMods (have to get the c&l plenum from C&L) I went on with my day. I later checked email and confirmed my order and that my card was charged so I figured everything was G2G. So Monday rolls around I get an email saying that the throttle body has been discontinued and that I can exchange or get a refund. So I called them thinking well they will have a different TB to exchange for. The person I got on the phone was a guy named Matt who just so happens to own StangMods. Well all he could get was a 70mm well that wont due as my new tunes for my tuner are for a 75mm and I explained that. Well at that point I was a little annoyed at the fact that my card had been charged at all and to make it worse a refund would take a week or so to get back to me. So at that point I said ok what are we going to do about this and believe it or not after a litte explaining that I was not at all happy with this experience Matt offered to get me a better 75mmTB by Edelbrock which by the way cost $80 more and he would cover the difference. At that point I was speachless I know I studdered a couple times when I said "WHAT" "ARE YOU SERIOUS"! So that is what he is going to do send me a more expensive TB on his tab to make me happy. HOLY CRAP now that is customer service. Thanks for reading this I just thought this was so amazing that I had to share. If anything changes I will up date.:hihi::laughlitt
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
Thanks for sharing, it's always good to know who does and doesn't take care of their customers. Haven't purchased from Stangmods before, but I have spent about $2-3K with AM and about the same with Brothers Performance, and a few things with Latemodel Restoration, all of which have been good to me although I definitely try to get what I want or need from AM due to their free shipping policy - even if for some reason they happen to be a few bucks more than the other guy, between free shipping and forum discount I always come out ahead. But anyway for the most part I think everybody out there is reasonable or fair at the very least - which is all you can really ask, that you get the parts you order within the timeframe that delivery is promised, but there are a few occasional turds in the punchbowl.

2001 GT Convertible
/1967 Coupe
All the usual bolt-on's /200 I6, C4

And a few Explorers too... 2008 4.0 XLT 4x2, 1996 XLT 5.0 4x2, 2003 Sport Trac XLT 4.0 4x4
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
that's great, I'll remember to check them out next time I'm shopping for mods.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-08-2013
PONY Member
It's been a while since I dealt with Matt at stangmods. He is a stand up guy. Since he's local to me he's even met with me a couple ot times to deliver parts. Great guy.

2002 GT MG Vert
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page