Ford Mustang Forum banner

If anyone was wondering what ATAKs sound like..

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  SoCal2V 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Love the Borlas! Sounds great. Are you planning on upgrading the midpipe eventually?

#5 ·
It will be loud :) Should sound pretty awesome though!

#9 ·
Thats the hope and end goal! ;D

Has a real nice sound to it man. Thanks for sharing the video. Longtubes and off road x or h-pipe should really make her sing.
Thanks man, I think it sounds 100x better in person and so far everyone has complimented it.

Just not my thing.....kinda tinny/raspy (in real life)........kinda the "Ricer-Type" sound.
To each their own, but IMHO it definitely doesn't sound "ricer-type" at all.

It's gonna sound really nice with those. My only suggestion is that you do your homework on LT's and try to be sure it's the right move for you. They sound absolutely awesome, but one of the big drawbacks is that next time you do a clutch job you will be unbolting at least one of them so you can pull the transmission. If emissions testing is something your car is subject to then depending on your state/local laws they could present an issue there as well. Here in CA they are outlawed simply because the O2 sensor is relocated - they have a rule about that; doesn't matter if you still pass the sniffer or not, the eco-nuts here are nihilistic in their legislation and enforcement of.

If I were to do LT's, it makes it initially a little bit bigger job but will save you some sanity later, I would also install a new clutch and also swap the factory boat anchor for an aftermarket K member. In addition to shaving 60 lbs or so off the front end, should you ever need to unbolt the headers somewhere down the road you will have much easier access to the flange bolts, which are all but impossible to get to with the factory stamped steel K member.
As far as I am aware, LTs should be O.K. here, since a lot of my club runs them, and I was actually thinking about a new clutch in the near, near future, also, what K member would you personally suggest?

#6 ·
Has a real nice sound to it man. Thanks for sharing the video. Longtubes and off road x or h-pipe should really make her sing.

#10 ·
^ Ah yeah, see you're in AZ. Pretty sure you can do just about whatever you want with your car there...

I still have the stock boat anchor, but have heard good things from others here (Fordman777, care to chime in??) about the UPR k member. Theirs is one of very few, if not the only one that will allow the reuse of the factory A arms and suspension setup. Most other K members require that you go with a coilover setup up front - which isn't a bad thing in the least, but again does add significant cost.

Maximum Motorsports also makes a very high quality piece (pretty much everything they make is), but will require a coilover conversion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.