Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 4.6 Mustang > 4.6L Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 08-13-2007   #1 (permalink)
Tony98GT is offline Made Member

4.6L Member

Tony98GT's Country Flag  View Tony98GT's 18 photos  View Tony98GT's 1 classified ad
Kathleen   Georgia
Tony98GT is on a distinguished road
Default 1998 Mustang GT Dealership Recalls

I just printed up the recalls on the 98's all models and I was wondering which of the recalls are still in? Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-13-2007   #2 (permalink)
reivaxtorres is offline Senior Member

4.6L Member

reivaxtorres's Country Flag  View reivaxtorres's 146 photos
Ontario   California
reivaxtorres is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to reivaxtorres Send a message via Yahoo to reivaxtorres

probably none of them. which ones are there? i can just think of a few off the top of my head, main ones being the cruise control cable that gets stuck, the intake manifold, and the transmission popping out of gear. i know for a fact that the tranny and the manifold are over, you cant do anything about them aside from replace them youself.
oh, and isnt there one regarding the e-brake?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 08-13-2007   #3 (permalink)
Tony98GT is offline Made Member

4.6L Member

Tony98GT's Country Flag  View Tony98GT's 18 photos  View Tony98GT's 1 classified ad
Kathleen   Georgia
Tony98GT is on a distinguished road

ummm yeah there's one for 94-01 gt's for the park brake assembly
there is also one on the Fuel Rail assembly
i mean it's 6 pages for the v6's, mystics, cobra/cobra r, bullitts, sn95, and all GT's

here is the article:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...lls-vt577.html
Unread 08-14-2007   #4 (permalink)
lxarlo is offline Senior Member

5.0L Member

lxarlo's Country Flag  View lxarlo's 4 photos
Huntington Beach   California
lxarlo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to lxarlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony98GT View Post
ummm yeah there's one for 94-01 gt's for the park brake assembly
there is also one on the Fuel Rail assembly
i mean it's 6 pages for the v6's, mystics, cobra/cobra r, bullitts, sn95, and all GT's

here is the article:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...lls-vt577.html
ok i see 3 recalls and the rest are TSBs. As far as i know, you can always go in and get your recall performed, since it is a safety concern. As far as TSBs go, they expire, but you can usually still get parts for them, you will just have to buy them.
Unread 08-16-2007   #5 (permalink)
A-TrainsGt is offline Apprentice

4.6L Member

A-TrainsGt's Country Flag  View A-TrainsGt's 14 photos
Tulsa   Oklahoma
A-TrainsGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to A-TrainsGt

I know for a fact that the intake manifold recall is over I had to buy the part myself and install it myself. Only $190.00 though.
Unread 08-16-2007   #6 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Ontario   California

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-TrainsGt View Post
I know for a fact that the intake manifold recall is over I had to buy the part myself and install it myself. Only $190.00 though.

yup, but since you are gonna have to replace it (for those who havent already), i would suggest you guys get the PI intake. has the aluminum crossover and will give you a few extra ponies
Unread 08-16-2007   #7 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Tulsa   Oklahoma

I want to go with a full aluminum intake someday.. I also want aluminum valve covers.
Unread 08-16-2007   #8 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Ontario   California

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-TrainsGt View Post
I want to go with a full aluminum intake someday.. I also want aluminum valve covers.
if you keep the car n/a, and unless its the FRPP aluminum intake, or the bullitt intake, you will be wasting your money. as for the valve covers, i have a friend locally selling some, PM me if you want more info
Unread 08-16-2007   #9 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Tulsa   Oklahoma

PM sent =) Xavier
Unread 08-16-2007   #10 (permalink)
dawrr is offline Senior Member

dawrr's Country Flag  View dawrr's 16 photos  View dawrr's 1 classified ad
Northeast   Connecticut
dawrr is on a distinguished road

Most of those recalls are stupid.

"Your carpet MIGHT get stuck over the accelerator and cause you to crash"
People's FEET cause that more than the carpet does. Let's recall idiots!!

"Your fuel rail might get hot"
I don't know about you, but if I touch mine after turning off the engine, it isn't exactly frosty and refreshing...

"Your weatherstripping might crack" It does that? LIEK OMG!!! We're all gonna die!!!

"Your handle might loosen over time" Metal degrades with constant use? Geez you learn something new everyday!

"Wires might fray and cause electrical fires" THEY DO THAT?

"Cruise control unit might cause a fire" ALL I DID WAS PRESS COAST!!!

Stupid crap that happened to one idiot who spilled coffee on electronics and blamed it on faulty craftsmanship. Idiots. Idiotproof something and the world produced better idiots.

Unread 08-16-2007   #11 (permalink)

4.6L Member

Ontario   California

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawrr View Post
Most of those recalls are stupid.
most of them aren't recalls....just TSBs

Quote:
"Your carpet MIGHT get stuck over the accelerator and cause you to crash" People's FEET cause that more than the carpet does. Let's recall idiots!!
i wish we could recall idiots. the world would be a better and less crowded place. but the carpet getting stuck under accelerator is not something to brush aside. most people panic when that happens and forget that there is a brake pedal right next to it. most the time its no big deal, they dont hurt anyone, but what if you are coasting on the freeway and the traffic in front of you abruptly comes to a stop, and you remove your foot from the gas and hit the brakes, but your car takes longer than normal to stop? the cause of the accident: pedal got stuck on carpet. who's fault/liability? Ford. ford would rather replace a $200 pedal assembly than pay $20,000 in repairs and hospital bills per car.

Quote:
"Your fuel rail might get hot" I don't know about you, but if I touch mine after turning off the engine, it isn't exactly frosty and refreshing...
hotter than normal, causing the vapors inside it to ignite and cause a small little fire with direct access to your gas tank. no harm there, of course.

Quote:
"Your weatherstripping might crack" It does that? LIEK OMG!!! We're all gonna die!!!
on a 2 yr old car, water better not get into it and ruin the carpet/door panels/seats. better to replace $100 worth of weather stripping than the back seats, carpet, or any wiring that gets wet (which of course would never cause a fire hazard). my friend has bad/cracked weather stripping in his '89 240sx, and everytime it rains, it literally becoms a pool in his hatch. a good 2-3" of water, which after awhile stinks

Quote:
"Your handle might loosen over time" Metal degrades with constant use? Geez you learn something new everyday!
door handles are made of harded plastic. what happens if you are stuck in your car, upside down in a river somewhere, and a broken door handle is the only thing keeping you from being able to open your door to swim to safety? assume all other windows are blocked by rocks or whatever.

Quote:
"Wires might fray and cause electrical fires" THEY DO THAT?
you see a problem with this TSB????

Quote:
"Cruise control unit might cause a fire" ALL I DID WAS PRESS COAST!!!

Stupid crap that happened to one idiot who spilled coffee on electronics and blamed it on faulty craftsmanship. Idiots.
maybe so, but ive pulled apart those switches and they have a rubber cover thats supposed to prevent water from getting in there. granted i think you are 100% right on this one, if the idiot hadnt had the coffee spill all over the place, the water (coffee) would never have gotten to the controls. one more example of the way this country is going to hell in a hand basket. we all remember that lady that spilled her HOT COFFEE and then successfully sued McDonalds for it, right?

Quote:
Idiotproof something and the world produced better idiots.
where have i seen this before.....
Unread 08-17-2007   #12 (permalink)
markwondi is offline Senior Member

4.6L Member

markwondi's Country Flag  View markwondi's 22 photos
Michigan
markwondi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to markwondi

Quote:
Idiotproof something and the world produced better idiots.
sorry, I'll try harder to be smarter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.5.2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164