96 GT Supercharger Advice... - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmijames View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

I did some reading on the Meth injection system; cost wise, it's much cheaper $500.00 opposed to $1,500, $1,100 for the intercooler, and then I have to relocate my battery, and that kit is $300.00.

And I should be good with the 36-39lb injectors and not the 42lb?
If you go the meth route you always have to make sure the reservoir is full. One more thing to worry about.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-01-2017 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90lxwhite View Post
If you go the meth route you always have to make sure the reservoir is full. One more thing to worry about.

I noticed that... You're right on that. I'm curious how often I would have to fill it and what do I fill it with; is there a pre mix that I can buy?

1996 GT Convertible with all the bolt-ons, including upper PI swap.
BOSS Member
4.6L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmijames View Post
I noticed that... You're right on that. I'm curious how often I would have to fill it and what do I fill it with; is there a pre mix that I can buy?
Normally you run like a 50/50 mix of meth and water. Most setups spray based on boost. It's not always spraying. It will only spray at WOT and when boost is at a certain amount. Even then, some setups will only spray 50% at say 3lbs or whatever. It will last longer than you think but you do need to keep an eye on the levels.

You can buy the pre-mix stuff or there are budget mixes you can buy and use. If you go that route, just research and make your tuner knows what mix you are running. The nozzle tends to go right in front the TB. Most will have an IAT sensor after that to get a reading of the IATs...again, I'm not expert but I know a little since my uncle runs it on his camaro and I'm very familiar with his setup (he runs pure meth but his is strictly a drag car).

Matthew 26:52-54 / Go Pack Go!

1987 Mustang GT Hatchback - 2V Mod Swap In The Works

1997 Lincoln Town Car, PI Intake/Cams, Sofa-On-Wheels, "Fat Tony" we call it

2001 GT Convertible - D1SC / Geared / Cammed / 440wh 400wt - TOTALED 2/2019
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page