2001 Mustang GT Fuel Pump Switch - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-20-2009
2001 Mustang GT Fuel Pump Switch

I have a 2001 Ford Mustang V8 5 speed manual and it is not starting. I live in Minnesota and park it during the winter. This winter I took the battery out; come Spring I re-installed the battery and charged it. When I insert the key and try starting it, the engine does not turn over.

A couple of people say it is the fuel pump since it sounds like the engine is not receiving any gas. One of my friends who owns a Mustang told me about the fuel pump switch in the trunk. I found the switch and the red button is not "popped out" so when I try pushing it nothing happens. Another guy said something about if the THEFT indicator flashes rapidly when I try to start the engine.

I am looking for some help on what might be the problem for why my car is not starting. The car ran great before I parked it before the winter; the car is covered and parked in my garage the entire winter. Any ideas are welcomed. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009
Made Member
4.6L Member
When you turn the key to the "run" positon, do you hear a whine that stops after 2-3 seconds? If so, the fuel pump may be running. I would see if you have pressure on the fuel rails.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page