2002 Mustang GT-third starter bolt location - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010 Thread Starter
Made Member
4.6L Member
Question 2002 Mustang GT-third starter bolt location

hey guys so im sure yall have all heard it before but i seriously cannot find the 3rd starter bolt i got the one you see from under and the one above the solenoid that i got with extensions from the front between the motor mount... where the hell is the other i have tried to feel all around it and i cant find it anywhere i have searched and all i can find it you have to get it from the front of the motor but it seems to me i all ready got that one if anyone has even a picture of a lose starter i imagine it would help many people just to see where the bolts actually are

MGW, spec 1, spec steel flywheel, steeda clutch set up, K&N FIPK2, Motive 3.90's, GMS coil packs, custom exhaust

"Alcohol is for drinking, gas is for cleaning parts, and nitro is for racing!" - Big Daddy Don Garlits
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010
Made Member
5.0L Member
google it. the bolt is probably under some caked on grease
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010
Made Member
4.6L Member

I'll try to post a picture which shows the torque value and location of all 3 bolts. If it doesn't work, PM me your email address, I'll send some picture of the starter and removal procedure for the 2002 Mustang GT.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2010
Made Member
4.6L Member
does the starter pop off?? i know when i pulled mine off it was newer than the stock one and thier was only 2 bolts as most people leave the top one off because its so hard to get to. but the third is right above the second lol. and if you get it off id say leave the third one off as well. its shuch a pita

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-08-2010
Top Dog
4.6L Member
1/4" socket and lots of extensions, patience, and foul language. Go through the motor mounts from the front like you stated earlier. It sucks, but if you get a light and stuff your hands into really small, cramped places surrounded by sharp edges, you can find the bolt.

I almost feel sorry for you, just thinking about doing it.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page