4.6 Rebuild Kit - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010 Thread Starter
4.6 Rebuild Kit

I have a 2000 mustang gt auto and a 2003 cobra, i am rebuilding the 4.6 motor..... i found a rebuild kit from summit... 4.6.... but it shows its for 95-98 vehicles...its a SOHC 4.6 kit.... will this work for a 2000 4.6?

Federal Mogul 205-6382M000 - Federal Mogul Engine Re-Ring Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

What do you think... does anyone know where else I can buy the kit?
Thanks for the help!

Last edited by bigdsd; 02-19-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: update
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010
Made Member
4.6L Member
thats wierd id give the tecks a call and see what they say, the 95's i thought were 5.0's.. are you getting new pistons? and are you boaring the motor? or just replaceing seals? i wouldn't buy anything till you get into the motor you might buy that kit find you have a gash in the piston wall and have to boar out .10 .

cams, and all basic bolt ons, arizen seats, cowl hood, and now my buckets got a hole in it (meaning im broke) but when i fix it ill have gears and some trany work
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010
SHELBY GT 350 Member
4.6L Member
The 4.6 was out long before it made it into the Mustang, but yes, 95 Mustangs had the 302. That kit isn't a rebuild kit, it will be using the stock pistons, rods, crank, unless you toasted rings and are trying to bandaid it for the time being, get a REBUILD kit that has forged pistons, rods, cranck and all the other parts for a full rebuild. You need to talk to a machine shop before ordering anything anyway.

The artist formerly known as SteedaMatt.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page