bbk underdrive pulley kits - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-15-2004 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

bbk underdrive pulley kits

I just got my bbk underdrive pulley kit for my 2002 GT and when I started putting it on I found that the water pump pulley is not recessed far enough to allow the belt to line up. It is nearly 3/4 of an inch to far to the front on the car. Has anyone else used this kit? had any problem? I am assuming the wrong water pump pulley was added to the kit, and hopefully they will swap it for the propper one.

2002 GT
Magnaflow catback,70mm throttle body,C&L plenum,Plasma ignition booster, white face gauges, billet fuel cap,
sct chip, Vortech v2-sq with fastrak intercooler, anderson powerpipe, 42lbs injectors, 255fuel pump,steeda full length subs, eibach lowering springs 1.5" and a new set of 18" by 9s up front and 18" by 10s in the rear.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004
GT Member
4.6L Member

there is a change in design in mid 2001. what they did was send you the wrong kit. Also the BBK kit is a piggy back set and really isn't that good. they also are an aluminum pulley which will leav a residue on the belt and make it squeal. I had those pullies on my 02 and they made my computer through an error code too. The BBK pullies also do not accept the steeda timing adjuster which you will probably want to get in the near future. What I ended up doing and never regretted it for a minute was to send those BBK pullies back and purchase a good set of Steeda pullies. they are well worth the extra few bucks. they are also sfi approved so using them on the drag strip isn't a problem.

How to tell which set of pullies are correct?

2004 DSG Mach 1 w/IUP 5 speed (Born on Date: 10/09/03)
Dyno - 1/28/04 (1300 miles)K&N Drop-in Filter, SAE - 273.8 rwhp 302.5 rwtq
Dyno - 3/6/04 (3400 miles)K&N AirCharger, SAE - 282.5 rwhp 312.6 rwtq
Dyno 4/22/05 304rwhp 326rwtq
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004 Thread Starter
Apprentice
4.6L Member

That makes sense now. Thnx for the heads up hmarv. I wish I would have checked around before getting the pulleys. Live and learn I guess.

2002 GT
Magnaflow catback,70mm throttle body,C&L plenum,Plasma ignition booster, white face gauges, billet fuel cap,
sct chip, Vortech v2-sq with fastrak intercooler, anderson powerpipe, 42lbs injectors, 255fuel pump,steeda full length subs, eibach lowering springs 1.5" and a new set of 18" by 9s up front and 18" by 10s in the rear.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004
MACH I Member
4.6L Member

Send a message via AIM to 1998GT
Steeda are the best way to go

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page