gforce performance chips - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
 
Chawkfan66's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 9
 
gforce performance chips

looking for some honest first hand exper any one has had with the gforce performance chip before i go and install it on my 01 gt convertible(excuse me, MY WIFES 01 gt convertible) dont want to install this thing and have it kill the computer or some thing. please let me know if it will be safe to install or should I send it back for a full refund before I get it anywhere near the car?
Chawkfan66 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011
Senior Member
4.6L Member
 
red1999cobra's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 2,181
 
why didnt you get an sct handheld tuner? much better than a chip.

Red 1999 Cobra Vert:

316.6 rwhp @ 6093 rpms
318.1 rwtq @ 4489 rpms

On Just Bolt-Ons And Stock Exhaust Manifolds.

See Profile For Mods.......
red1999cobra is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
 
Chawkfan66's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 9
 
Thanx red, i'll keep that in mind and get one of those instead eventually!!
Chawkfan66 is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011
Rookie
4.6L Member
 
5811mustang's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Location: Mesa
Posts: 41
 
may have been a fluck but my buddy had a chip in his Explorer and it melted to the ECU and killed it. Like i said may have been a fluck but it was all i needed to just get a tuner.
5811mustang is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
 
SoCal2V's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Hell
Posts: 6,794
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by red1999cobra View Post
why didnt you get an sct handheld tuner? much better than a chip.
+1, don't bother with any chips just get a tuner. The ****** ebay ones are no good anyway.


2001 GT Convertible

All the usual bolt-ons
1967 Coupe
200 I6, C4
SoCal2V is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
 
Chawkfan66's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 9
 
Thank you fellow stang heads I do appreciate the feedback so far.
The car is doing fine the way I got it so no worries I just like add ons
That increase the value of my investment. When I can afford the tuner
I will most certainly get it. That sounds like the most popular and best option
For what I want to achieve. MORE HORSE POWER combined with better
Fuel economy.
Chawkfan66 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
 
SoCal2V's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: Hell
Posts: 6,794
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawkfan66 View Post
Thank you fellow stang heads I do appreciate the feedback so far.
The car is doing fine the way I got it so no worries I just like add ons
That increase the value of my investment. When I can afford the tuner
I will most certainly get it. That sounds like the most popular and best option
For what I want to achieve. MORE HORSE POWER combined with better
Fuel economy.
Well, it won't really increase the potential resale value. Does make the car more enjoyable though, which is the only reason one should mod. Lots of guys drop like $20K into their ride, only to sell it for maybe at best a couple grand over what a bone stock car would go for. But hey if that's what you have to tell your wife in order to mod the car then that's cool, I completely understand.


2001 GT Convertible

All the usual bolt-ons
1967 Coupe
200 I6, C4
SoCal2V is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2011
Top Dog
4.6L Member
 
Bullitt5339's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: St Pauls
Posts: 7,402
 
An easy rule of thumb: If it's an ECU altering accessory that costs $69, it's a piece of crap, don't buy it.

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
12.25@110 naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
Bullitt5339 is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-31-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
 
Chawkfan66's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 9
 
Untill I can afford the tuner the chip will have to do. So far itching bad has happened yet no noticeable good either, course I don't drive her car much so I wouldn't notice any diff either LOL. so I guess I'll leave the chip for now and for sure get the tuner later. Thx again for the feedback been helpful
Chawkfan66 is offline  
Top Dog
4.6L Member
 
Bullitt5339's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: St Pauls
Posts: 7,402
 
How does it feel to know you wasted $70?

Why come on here and ask about something, get told it's crap by multiple people and then you buy it anyways?

2001 Dark Highland Green Bullitt
12.25@110 naturally aspirated on a bone stock 2V longblock

Under Reconstruction for RS275 Drag Radial Class
Pushrods and Powerglide Coming Soon

If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable.
Bullitt5339 is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011 Thread Starter
Rookie
4.6L Member
 
Chawkfan66's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2011
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 9
 
FYI bullitt I had already purchased before I thought to come here and ask specially since the add for it came from this forrum. As I've stated in my intro post and my status clearly says rookie. We all have to start somewhere and sometimes learn some hard mistakes but thanks for your in put as well TOP DOG.
It TRULEY takes all kinds
Chawkfan66 is offline  
Top Dog
4.6L Member
 
sillyrabbit0420's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,712
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawkfan66 View Post
FYI bullitt I had already purchased before I thought to come here and ask specially since the add for it came from this forrum. As I've stated in my intro post and my status clearly says rookie. We all have to start somewhere and sometimes learn some hard mistakes but thanks for your in put as well TOP DOG.
It TRULEY takes all kinds
It truly does...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chawkfan66 View Post
looking for some honest first hand exper any one has had with the gforce performance chip before i go and install it on my 01 gt convertible(excuse me, MY WIFES 01 gt convertible) dont want to install this thing and have it kill the computer or some thing. please let me know if it will be safe to install or should I send it back for a full refund before I get it anywhere near the car?
You clearly had this^^^^ option, yet you installed it anyway.
It's not a big deal. We have people all the time asking opinions and then ignoring all advice given. Bottom line is - It's your car. Do what you want with it.
sillyrabbit0420 is offline  
Top Dog
4.6L Member
 
sillyrabbit0420's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,712
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullitt5339 View Post
How does it feel to know you wasted $70?

Why come on here and ask about something, get told it's crap by multiple people and then you buy it anyways?
That's what makes this forum so much fun!
sillyrabbit0420 is offline  
Made Member
 
Fillup96GT's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Plant City
Posts: 1,222
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyrabbit0420 View Post
It truly does...



You clearly had this^^^^ option, yet you installed it anyway.
It's not a big deal. We have people all the time asking opinions and then ignoring all advice given. Bottom line is - It's your car. Do what you want with it.
Im so glad you know the difference between advice and advise since that is a rarity in this place .

1996 Red Mustang GT - Sold back in 2012 after too much time and money was wasted on it.
Fillup96GT is offline  
Top Dog
4.6L Member
 
sillyrabbit0420's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,712
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillup96GT View Post
Im so glad you know the difference between advice and advise since that is a rarity in this place .
Knowing wtf you're talking about seems to be pretty scarce, too. :hihi:
sillyrabbit0420 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Tags
ignoregoodadvice , shittychip

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183