Ford Mustang Forum banner

04 mach 1 with whipple?

7K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  98BlackGT 
#1 ·
im interested in buyin a whipple,
the one from american muscle, says its an upgrade for
the termi cobra.
could i use on my mach ?
whats everything ill need to support it?

#2 ·
no...you need the entire "kit" to install it, intake, pullies etc

#4 ·
nope...you might need to go with a Kenne Bell..maybe one of the vendors has the kit

#5 ·
Would the Tork Tech kit work for the Mach 1, even though it's made for the GT? I assume you would need to use another intake manifold though, maybe one from another 4V Cobra would fit? You won't get to use your shaker scoop with a Whipple SC though, if you want to keep your shaker scoop functional, a Kenne Bell would be the easiest and cheapest route to go.

#6 ·
There is no "kit" per se to mount a Whipple on a Mach 1 4v. What you would have to do is to acquire all the parts, both large and small, that are used on the 03/04 Cobra, and that's a list as long as my arm! It's commonly referred to as the "Eaton swap." Once that's done, you can mount any PD supercharger that will work on an 03/04 Cobra, from the stock Eaton M112, Whipple, Kenne Bell, TVS, Lysholm, etc.

Due to Ford discontinuing the lower 03/04 Cobra manifold that Kenne Bell modified and used in their complete blower kits for 99/01 Cobra, and 03/04 Mach 1, Kenne Bell no longer offers those kits for sale, sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.