1998 Mustang V6 - Fuel Pump Relay Location - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007 Thread Starter
V6 Member
1998 Mustang V6 - Fuel Pump Relay Location

1998 Mustang V6. I Am Hoping That Someone Could Tell ME The Location Of the Fuel Pump Relay
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
Made Member
4.6L Member
well in the older cars it was under the driver seat but your I am not sure, I think u have a fuel module which is in the drivers side rear close to the wheel well in the trunk.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
4.6L Member
Check in your trunk , same place coolwaterblvd said , its should be right behind your left tail light !
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
yeah thats exactly where it is...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2007
GT Member
4.6L Member
Send a message via Yahoo to Nyt_Muves
If you are looking to release the pressure so you can work on the system without spraying fuel all over, smack the side of it with a mallet or small hammer. That will kick it. Then crank the car a time or two, and that will release pressure held in the system.

BULLITT #04385
Gone but never forgotten, Died Valiantly
New Project: Putting 92 5.0L drivetrain into 83 RX7
Built by MAZDA shaken by FORD
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009
2.3L Member
or just pull the fuel pump relay fuse out of the fuse box under the hood insterad of hitting stuff with a hammer.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-26-2010
I recently had to replace the fuel pump (motor only) and the fuel pump relay in a V6 Mustang. I just want to update this forum so that people can find the relay in the future.

First thing to note is that the relay is housed in a Constant Control Relay Module (CCRM). This module contains the relay for the Fuel Pump, Cooling Fan, and Air Conditioning Clutch.

In our 1998 Mustang V6, the location of the CCRM is behind the passenger side wheel well plastic cover. Looking at the wheel dead on - it's found at around the 1 o'clock position. To confirm it's location without removing any plastic wheel well cover - pop the hood, and look for a wire harness routing from the engine compartment INTO the passenger side front fender (near the air cleaner). Flash a light in there, and you'll see a connector attached to the module.

I'll save you some headaches in finding the right size tool to remove the connector as well - I used a 5mm nut wrench to remove the connector from the module. Do this first so that you can access one of the two bolts that holds the module bracket to the fender.
Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page