Ford Mustang Forum banner

Power Window Problem After Car Accident

921 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  6stang02 
#1 ·
A few months ago a 18 wheeler truck ran into the drivers's side of my 2001 stang while I was driving on the freeway, it pretty much ruined most of the driver's side of the vehicle. Immediately after the accident my power windows would no longer work on either side driver or passenger... When I got the car fixed I had to put a new door on it, I got a used door from the junkyard.... I have put the new door on and have had the car fixed and repainted but the power windows still refuse to work..... All other power items work on the doors but the power windows.... What could the accident have damaged that caused the windows to not work even after replacing the door????

#2 ·
Do you have a dome light? What about the door chime when the key is in the ignition? If those items work then it will be an issue with your window switch. If those dont work then it is an issue with the ground wire for the switches in the rubber part where all the wires run through. It probably broke during the accident, on these sn95s it is common for that issue to occur.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.