Ford Mustang Forum banner

Wanting advice before buying

861 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  godfearingman 
#1 ·
Hi I"m thinking about and 96 GT the seller says it runs but has blown head gasket. Wondering if it's worth buying for $900? Biggest thing worrying me is looks like its been sitting for years.

See less See more
#2 ·
For $900 is not that bad considering that if I were to buy a 5 lug conversion kit and some wheels (for a Fox), I'd probably spend around $600 on the cheap side, and that's me doing all the labor. Since you're going to replace the head gasket, it might be worth it to upgrade to some PI heads.

If it has been sitting for years, just make sure tags hasn't been neglected other wise you'll pay all those late fees (at least in CA that's how they roll).

#3 ·
Well the seller wouldn't sell me the car over $50 I couldn't afford to get the car home and pay the $900. The only time I have a way to get one home is on Sundays making it more difficult to try and find and buy one. Hopefully another will come with similar price a little closer to me the one in the post was at least an 250 mile round trip. Thanks anyways,thumbsup3.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.