Ford Mustang Forum banner

1996 GT without fog lamps

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  SoCal2V 
#1 ·
I just purchased a amazing looking 1996 5 speed in Bright Tangerine. Two issues I've found 1) Its an "e" code rear axle which according to what I've read is a 3.27 rear. but I thought that was only an option with an automatic (3.08 option with the 5 speed) and 2nd it has no fog lights, not in the bumper or a switch. I thought that was a standard option. The car has all original paint and all the fenders have tags. I'm new to this model Mustang Thanks in advance for an information

#2 ·
AFAIK The fog lights are part of the GT package. The only Mustang that came with no fogs standard was the base (V6) version. Are you sure your car is a GT?

#3 ·
Yes 100 percent sure I checked the vin on a few different spots. 4.6L engine, correct quad shocks etc etc The car only has the two coin holders. I've been in the hobby over 40 years (since 16 years old) and have seen some "not in the book" things on cars. Everything looks 100 percent stock including the paint ( Very nice original ). Accept for A/C it has zero extra cost options. The only thing added is the 3.27 E code rear axle. Even in an accident the repair shop would reinstall the fogs lights and for some crazy reason they didn't why remove the switch remove the single coin holder then get and install a duel coin holder...and cut the harness wires so cleanly it would look like they were never there? Love this color LOL.

#5 ·
There was a budget version of the GT available in 1996, I forget the window sticker coding of it - it was like "231A" or something like that.

Anyway, these cars were built with no fog lamps and also had manual hand-crank windows. Think they may have also come with the base model (V6) cloth seats.

Maybe you have one of those cars?

#7 ·
I have the trunk spoiler and the power windows. Just took it for my 1st test drive. ( I purchased it via pictures then had it flatbed to my garage ) Except for a idle that is slow to come down from say 2000 rpms to 700 it rides very nice. When I post the pictures and the price you will not believe it. Its Show car ready right now, that includes the engine bay, trunk, under the car and of course the paint. This is the best deal (price vs condition) I've found in 40 years I added the Saleen decals. The fog light mystery is whatever it is. Either a factory error or a requested deletion, or someone just flat out removed every trace of it.

#8 ·
Found the answer my car has the 248A package. ( Think stripped Mustang with V6 cloth seats, bass radio, manual front seat, no visor mirrors no cruise control no ABS ) then added to it was A/C and the rear spoiler. I found someone with a black online that posted both his window sticker and build sheet. I also found but can't confirm Ford only made 137 5 speed Bright Tangerine GT coupes. I'm sure even less with this 248A package and 3.27 rear. This one's a keeper

#9 ·
Where's the pictures of this thing at? lol Glad you figured it out. The older ones were called 94-95 GTS mustangs instead of 248A package and I have seen more of those. I'm sure the 248A package is more rare but still probably not worth more then another GT, at least not for a long long time. Good find on the color though!!!!

#10 ·
If I did this correctly, I've posted three pictures in "My Garage" of my $1300 Mustang GT, Although I don't presently have pictures under the car, the engine bay (after 4 hours of cleaning) trunk, inside, seals and door jams look almost new. This has been the best price vs condition hobby car I've purchased in 40 years of driving,

#11 ·
Very nice car and good find!

#13 ·
You'll have to look to confirm, but I have heard it is. You need the housings+brackets and a switch and it should go right in.

Again though, put your eyes on it to confirm. Should be present in the bumper and also under your center console.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.