Ford Mustang Forum banner

Need info for some heads

419 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Esai 
#1 ·
I'm looking at some trick flow cylinder heads and have some questions. I'm looking for heads so I can fit bigger cams in the engine. Has anybody had any trouble with the piston and valve clearance with these heads? I also plan on boosting the car later on will this setup work? The heads are the twisted wedge with the 44cc chamber, and I'm thinking about getting the comp cams extreme energy stage 2 cams.

#2 ·
Com Cam stage 2's will fit the stock heads you just have to degree them properly and measure PTV and then retard the cam a bit if they do hit.

Trick Flow heads do not have the PTV issues that stock heads have due to their design. The lift/duration of the Comp Stage 2s will be completely fine in the TFS heads.....HOWEVER, you need to get cams ground specifically for the TFS heads. I know CMS/MHS will ground them for TFS heads specifically. I'm not sure that Comp Cams does that. All due to the relocated Intake Valve.

I hope this helps.

Reactions: Esai
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.