Ford Mustang Forum banner

Bullitt parts

531 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  uncle-speed 
#1 ·
Good morning from Germany. 8.00 here.

I have a 2001 Bullitt and want to lower it. I just bought Bilstein shocks cause the rears were shot. With the worn shocks the car bottoms out almost on every Little bump. Think it will get bett with the new shocks. Now for appearance and a little better handling I want to lower it. The Bullitt is already lowered 3/4 Inch compared to stock GT. How much can I go yet without having problems with bottoming out? I don`t want it to be slammed down scratching the pavement. Just a little more. Is 1.5 inch to much?

Also I have a K&N intake kit but with the original intake pipe. Wanted to Change the pipe too but can only find the ones for GT which are round on the top end and the Bullitt`s got the oval opening. Cobra pipes don`t work either I think cause there a little different. Where can I find a intake pipe that fits the Bullitt?

Also need new brake rotors for the front but all I can find is GT rotors. Bullitts have the 330mm instead of the 316mm rotors. Where should I get them? Is stock best or aftermarket? Need good Quality.

It`s hard to find good info here in Germany. That and our big junk yards I really miss from home.

Maybe I should move back to the States.....

Thanks for the help

O.J.

See less See more
#2 ·
1.5in will be fine and you may not need CC plates after getting an alignment...you may though.

Keep you intake setup. You will not gain anything switching the pipe. Are you looking for looks only?

For your rotors, you can buy Cobra rotors. They are the same size. I stick to OEM brake stuff since I'm not road coursing or anything. you can always go to a Hawk pad for a better bite. It's all on what you want to spend.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the answer.

O.k., will keep the pipe. Thought I read that the pipe will help airflow compared to oem. If it doesn`t then the oem is fine.
Rotors from the Cobra. O.k..

What are cc plates? And why would I need them?

1.5" will be o.k.. That sounds good.

No I forgot one Problem. I have the electric powered Driver seat and in curves it "slides" from one side to the other. Already checked the rails but there boltet tight tó the floor. Somebody said it`s a common problem for those seats cause the mechanism wears out? Can that be? Does anybody else have this problem?
The car is 15 years old but it ran only 42000 miles......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.