Ford Mustang Forum banner

Coolant in cylinders

578 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Warbourne 
#1 ·
Brand new intake manifold, I think everything was bolted on correctly, coolant is coming out of both pipes when running/idling mainly at idle, all cylinders are reading 145-160 cold, coolant mainly in cylinders 1 and 2 some in 3. But coolant coming out both pipes equally. Stumped

#2 ·
I saw your other thread, guess I'll respond here....

Since it seems your troubles began immediately following intake manifold replacement and your compression at # 1-8 seems pretty solid, my guess is it's leaking at the manifold gasket. Reason it's coming out of both sides of the exhaust is some is running through the crossover at the midpipe. That's my theory anyway.

When the manifold was replaced, were new gaskets used? Bolt tightening sequence followed, and proper torque (18-20ft/lb each)? If those two things are done, you pretty much can't go wrong unless incorrect parts are used.

#4 ·
When I first started working on my car no one was there to tell me how to do things.

But generally when you pull something off that has a gasket under it you need a new gasket and sealant.

It's easy to overlook and you'll probably do it a few times until you realize you've spent 4 hours working on your car for nothing because you put it back together insufficiently

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.