Ford Mustang Forum banner

Drivetrain Noise

457 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jewelz1161 
#1 ·
So, long story short, I have a 04 Mustang GT and although I've noticed it a while ago, I'm just curious as to what it may be. I have my guesses, but I'm looking for more insight.

Some background info, the car has 122k miles, and about 2k miles ago, a fresh clutch, Ford TOB, pilot bearing, clutch fork, and ball stud. When the transmission came out, I checked everything. Retainer was not scored at all, no input shaft play at all or anything that indicated a problem.

So, basically, I have a what seems to be bearing noise somewhere in my drivetrain that is only apparent when the car is either next to a building (like a drive-thru or something of such) or in between two cars. It is not loud enough to be heard if there is not something next to me for the sound to bounce off of. As far as I know, this started after I took the car to a drag strip about 1k miles ago. The noise is only there when I do not touch the clutch. If I press down on the clutch, right where the engagement point is and anything further more, the noise is silenced. When I let back off of the clutch, I can physically hear the bearing start spinning again and making the noise.

Like I said, I have my guess, which I hope I'm wrong, but I would like to hear what others may think. Thanks for the insight

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.