Engine rebuild kit for 1990 5.0 engine - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009 Thread Starter
5.0L Member
Engine rebuild kit for 1990 5.0 engine

So i have a 1990 5.0 HO block that i want to do new bearings, etc. Im looking for a good kit for this, All the kits i find are for only up to years 1985 or 1988. Is there a difference between my engine and these kits.
here is one of them

Federal Mogul MK6115A-000 - Federal Mogul Premium Engine Rebuild Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009
5.0L Member
I just rebuilt my block (89) this past spring and used Clevite 77 bearings. I can't remember the exact part number, but they were an excellent fit and were of great quality.

For piston rings, I believe I did use Sealed Power and also used a Mellings Stock oil pump.

The total price, including all gaskets, worked out a little more than the summit kit.

Hope that helps.

89 LX - 465 rwhp/488 ft/lbs - KB 2.1 Flowzilla @ 13psi, GT40 lower, MSD dizzy, coil & ignition, 90 LMAF - 42# injectors - 75mm TB, TFS TW Heads, TFS Stage 1 Cam, Stage 2 Snow Meth kit dual nozzle, GMS K-member, arms and front coilovers, Alum. DS, , Steeda Alum U&L arms, U&L Battle Boxes, MM CC Plates - Bumpsteer & F/L SFC's, Steeda Adj. R. Swaybar, FRPP 3.73's, front control arm bushings, Earls SS brake lines, Lincoln Calipers, SSBC rear disk kit, Steeda triax, cables and adjuster
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009 Thread Starter
5.0L Member
Alright, If not PAW offers a kit for 90 block i just found.
thank you
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
That kit would work, either that or the one you found at PAW should do the job.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page