Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

What is This 1989 Mustang lx 5.0 5 Speed Worth

10K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Smurf stang 
#1 ·
Hi im am going to look at a 1989 Mustang lx 5.0 5 speed this up coming weekend and would like to know what the car is worth. The car is a 89 lx 5.0 5 speed. It has factory sunroof pony wheels a 303 cam and a aftermarket dual exhaust. The car has an original 83k miles and is very clean. Car was never molested. Interior is clean as well as the body no rust or rot. The bad about the car it will need paint, because its original. Im not looking for a show car so paint will not be much. Just want a driver quality.

Just give me an idea of what the car is worth please. I know what the guy wants and i think its fair im just checking to see what this car is worth. I know these cars are getting harder to find in original condtion and are raising in value. Thanks really appreciate it

#2 ·
is it an lx hatch or coupe? which "303" cam? all ford racing cams were 303. is that all it really has besides an exhaust? kinda pointless....

regardless, if it runs well and everything works, i'd give $4000. maybe $4500 if the paint isn't too bad. take into account, though, that this figure is sight unseen and based solely on what little info you just gave. honestly, more info and some pics would help us make better estimations.

#3 ·
Price also depends on where you live.
Here in Quebec, A clean rust free (Which during the 80's and 90's they used TON'S of salt on the roads)unmolested fox "low miles" (less then 160,000 Km 100,000 miles) will sell between $6500 to $8000...Cad $
Even then I have yet to see 1 up for sale for less then $5000.00

#4 ·
rust free in Mass id say your on point with the price, just run your fingers in the rear wheel wells under the lip to check for cancer, bottom of the doors, under the hatch if its a hatch, strut towers etc.

rust hides better then you think id go at 4000 and see what they say but drive it first and find the biggest hill you can climb and see if it holds the speed or better,.

#5 ·
I've had 2 very clean 5.0 GTs in the past couple of years and the most I paid was $3500. Both were clean inside and out. Both were stock too! When I sold them they went for about 5k. I honestly wouldn't pay more then 3k for it. 5.0s are a dime a dozen. Yes they are getting rarer but I still see them all the time for sale. I personally don't like the 5.0s which are modded. We all know what the previous owners used them for.

#6 ·
Well it all depends on where you live. Rust is a big issue and it is something that sucks to tackle by yourself. Plus I know pictures are very deceiving and always test drive it to get the full picture. Plus take a fresh set of eyes that will be looking at the car from other perspectives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.