Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 5.0 Mustang > 5.0L Talk

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

5.0 Mustang Talk General Discussion Forum

5.0L Talk | 5.0L Tech | 94-95 Tech | 1979-1993   1994   1995   Upload Pictures | Timeslips | Power Adders | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 01-09-2010   #1 (permalink)
mateostang is offline Rookie

5.0L Member

mateostang's Country Flag
Mantua   Ohio
mateostang is on a distinguished road
Default 1989 Mustang lx anniversary edition

i have an 89 lx hatchback 5.0ho 5spd its whit and has 25th anniv decals on doors only 41000 miles body is a lil rusty id lik som info on this car prod numbers value how desirable
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-09-2010   #2 (permalink)
Snake Pliskin is offline Senior Member

4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Snake Pliskin's Country Flag
Lenoir City   Tennessee
Snake Pliskin is on a distinguished road

Hey you found the 5.0 section. I've had two cars touted as 25th anniversary. Honestly they made a ton of them and it doesn't add anything in price over what a 91-93 car would be. Unfortunately since Ford had pretty much made the decision to make the mustang a "Probe" by 1988 or so they didn't really didn't do anything special other than the dash emblem on the 25th anniversary cars. I think Roush built a few (2) 351 turbo cars to commemorate the 25th anniversary but Ford showed no interest in the exercise. Now those cars are worth large bills. Not sure what body stickers you are talking about. I never saw anything on the 25th anniversary cars other than the dash emblem. My guess is that is something someone added aftermarket. I have poured over mustangs in junk yards for years and never seen a factory decal package for 25th anniversary cars. I also grew up in the prime era of those cars. All my friends had them. Never saw decals.
Unread 01-09-2010   #3 (permalink)

5.0L Member

Mantua   Ohio

ive never seen them before either guy i bought it from said that it came from dealer lik this it also has 140 mph speedo that ive never seen in an lx i bought this car 4 $500 it sat 4 almost 10 years only being driven a couple times car runs real good w lots of power it is alll original w no mods
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 01-09-2010   #4 (permalink)
Snake Pliskin is offline Senior Member

4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Snake Pliskin's Country Flag
Lenoir City   Tennessee
Snake Pliskin is on a distinguished road

The 140 speedo was standard at least on 5.0 cars by that time. Both my 89 LX coupe and 90 GT had 140 speedos (SSP cars had 160mph speedos). Dealers often add decals to push their cars. They had a local dealership selling "F-16" Camaros around here back in the early 80s. They had tacky aftermarket hoods and a decal package. Better go over one that has sat that long. That's a nice price so you have room to play and not be hurt too bad. You decide to mod, keep those factory parts since it's about time for the resto guys to start grabbing these cars up for the resto/show circuit.
Unread 01-09-2010   #5 (permalink)
Foxx88 is offline Made Member

5.0L Member

Foxx88's Country Flag  View Foxx88's HomePage
North Port   Florida
Foxx88 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Foxx88

20th Anniversary Mustang OFFICAL website

If you scroll down in the link it talks about the 25th. In 89, I think they added the 140 mph speedometer to the manual models, the automatics were still 85. Don't quote me on that though.

"The ignore option is the greatest tool any forum can have. I'm surprised its not worn out as often as it is used by the wise"
Unread 01-09-2010   #6 (permalink)
kilog55 is offline Senior Member

5.0L Member

kilog55's Country Flag  View kilog55's 3 photos
Lenoxville   Pennsylvania
kilog55 is on a distinguished road

i added a ford racing 160mph speedo to my 88 its nice lol
Unread 01-09-2010   #7 (permalink)

5.0L Member

Mantua   Ohio

thanks 4 the info
Unread 01-09-2010   #8 (permalink)
EagleAutosports is offline SHELBY GT-40 ULTIMATE Member

4.6L Member
5.0L Member

EagleAutosports's Country Flag  View EagleAutosports's 548 photos  View EagleAutosports's 3 classified ads  View EagleAutosports's HomePage
Graham   North Carolina
EagleAutosports has much to be proud ofEagleAutosports has much to be proud ofEagleAutosports has much to be proud ofEagleAutosports has much to be proud ofEagleAutosports has much to be proud ofEagleAutosports has much to be proud ofEagleAutosports has much to be proud ofEagleAutosports has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to EagleAutosports Send a message via Yahoo to EagleAutosports

I know the decals you have. Is it using a running horse that changes into lines and has 25th Anniversary in it too? On the door below the door beltline? The full length of the door? And the color of the decal details is red? They're definitely not aftermarket.

That was only used on white LX hatchbacks and I think they were a dealer installed item, by those who felt Ford dropped the ball on not making a 25th anniversary edition.
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

Unread 01-09-2010   #9 (permalink)
90 stock stang is offline Made Member

5.0L Member

90 stock stang's Country Flag
Western   Pennsylvania
90 stock stang is on a distinguished road

did the 25th anniversary cars also have an image of the running horse on the factory window sticker with the 25th ann logo.
Unread 01-09-2010   #10 (permalink)
7-UP BILL is offline GT Member

5.0L Member

7-UP BILL's Country Flag  View 7-UP BILL's 11 photos  View 7-UP BILL's HomePage
My other car is a firetrk   New Jersey
7-UP BILL is on a distinguished road

I've seen cars back around the '90 model year that were white hatches that had " XXV" in red on the lower fender right behind the front wheel. I saw a few so maybe they were a "zone office" edition out of the old NY office in Teterboro, NJ.
1990 7-UP Limited Edition #1764 of 4103
Unread 05-16-2010   #11 (permalink)
timustang is offline Rookie

timustang's Country Flag
Jacksonville   Florida
timustang is on a distinguished road
Default 25th Anniversary Mustang is real

I know about the 25th anniversary edition mustang that was made in 1989. My grandparents have that very same car in NC. Their car is an LX model with a 5.0 engine, and it isn't a hatchback. It is white, with red interior and it has "25th Anniversary Edition" written along the bottom of the drivers and passengers door. It also has a running horse decal in front of the the writing on the bottom of the doors on each side. The car also came with floor mats that had "25th Anniversary Edition" with the same running horse, and they also had a Key Chain for it too. This all came with the car when they bought it brand new from Quality Ford in Whiteville NC back in 1989. From my understanding there were only 500 of them that were made in North and South Carolina. The decals were on the car when they bought it so there is no aftermarket additions to the it. The car still looks brand new to this day and it is over 20 years old. It only has a little over 60,000 original miles and all of the factory parts, original motor and transmission. The car is kept under a shelter with a cover over it and it has never been wrecked or even dinged for that matter. I mean the car is in perfect condition. I fell in love with that car when they bought it in '89 when I was only 9 and I am still in love with it at the age of 30. That was my grandmothers car and she has since passed, so it has lots of sentimental value for me. Thanks for letting me share that. Nice to know there are other mustang freaks out there....
Unread 06-21-2011   #12 (permalink)
timustang is offline Rookie

timustang's Country Flag
Jacksonville   Florida
timustang is on a distinguished road
Default 25th Anniversary Mustang

The 25th anniversary edition was only made in North and South Carolina. The one that my grandparents have is and LX with a trunk (not a hatchback), and it is an automatic transmission with the 140 mph dashboard.
Attached Images

Unread 12-26-2012   #13 (permalink)
NedacFilms is offline Rookie

NedacFilms's Country Flag  View NedacFilms's HomePage
Northern   Virginia
NedacFilms is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to NedacFilms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateostang View Post
i have an 89 lx hatchback 5.0ho 5spd its whit and has 25th anniv decals on doors only 41000 miles body is a lil rusty id lik som info on this car prod numbers value how desirable
That is the CFD (Carolina Ford Dealers) 25th anniversary edition. It came with the decals, floor mats, key chain and window sticker... similar to the California Special of today, but these were a dealer option and only 500 units were produced. I happen to own one of them.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/DlncLfNJf7E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is more info about them...

Mustang Special Editions - Brad Bowling - Google Books
Unread 12-29-2012   #14 (permalink)

Northern   Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateostang View Post
ive never seen them before either guy i bought it from said that it came from dealer lik this it also has 140 mph speedo that ive never seen in an lx i bought this car 4 $500 it sat 4 almost 10 years only being driven a couple times car runs real good w lots of power it is alll original w no mods
It is a CFD model (Carolina Ford Dealer) 25th anniversary, which came with decal package, special floor mats, key chain and commemorative window sheet... they only offered 500 and all were 5.0 LX models, all were Oxford white with red trim. I have one with under 30,000 original miles and I'd love to have another one to mod out... so if you ever decide you'd like to sell it, let me know as I'd be happy to pay you top dollar for it.

~John @ Mustang-Town.com
Unread 12-29-2012   #15 (permalink)

Northern   Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by timustang View Post
I know about the 25th anniversary edition mustang that was made in 1989. My grandparents have that very same car in NC. Their car is an LX model with a 5.0 engine, and it isn't a hatchback. It is white, with red interior and it has "25th Anniversary Edition" written along the bottom of the drivers and passengers door. It also has a running horse decal in front of the the writing on the bottom of the doors on each side. The car also came with floor mats that had "25th Anniversary Edition" with the same running horse, and they also had a Key Chain for it too. This all came with the car when they bought it brand new from Quality Ford in Whiteville NC back in 1989. From my understanding there were only 500 of them that were made in North and South Carolina. The decals were on the car when they bought it so there is no aftermarket additions to the it. The car still looks brand new to this day and it is over 20 years old. It only has a little over 60,000 original miles and all of the factory parts, original motor and transmission. The car is kept under a shelter with a cover over it and it has never been wrecked or even dinged for that matter. I mean the car is in perfect condition. I fell in love with that car when they bought it in '89 when I was only 9 and I am still in love with it at the age of 30. That was my grandmothers car and she has since passed, so it has lots of sentimental value for me. Thanks for letting me share that. Nice to know there are other mustang freaks out there....
Oh cool... your Grandfather wasn't a Police Officer was he? There is a fella that lives around Yanceyville or Providence North Carolina that has one of these 5.0 LX CFD models, and his wife passed some years back.

Also, everything you mentioned about these cars is correct. They were "Carolina Ford" special editions (some refer to them as Carolina Specials) and only 500 models were available. North Carolina is definitely racing country and they absolutely take their cars very serious there, lol.

I'm actually in the process of putting together a CFD Mustang Registry for owners of these cars...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162