Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaker hood on a fox?

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  fordboy86 
#1 ·
Im sure im not the only one to think it might be pretty cool.Has anyone ever seen one ,or even heard of a 69,70 boss shaker on a fox?I have a carbed gt that needs a new hood,so I dont mind cutting it up,I plan to do it up in fiberglass and then tig it out of sheet metal and find maybe a repo scoop.or a 80's trans am, firebird scoop turned backwards as a starting point.I have looked but have never seen one.any comments or suggestions would help.R just tell me what you think.

#2 ·
there was a company that actually made shakerhoods for foxbody mustangs. last i heard, they went out of buisness 5-10 years ago. if you do some research, im sure you will be abe to find an old one for sale. i cant remember the name of the company right now but im sure i will think of it.

#3 ·
Someone local to me has a boss 429 scoop on an LX and it doesn't "fit" with the look of the car. It just outright looks too big. A Mach 1 style shaker would look better.

If you're willing to try it yourself, I say swing for the fences. Just give pictures of the progress so we can see.

#4 ·
the company was called banshee performance. i guess the kit had a hoodscoop that looked like a shaker hood mounted on the hood. the air was routed into the scoop and into a hose that connected to the factory air intake. it looked like a shaker hood when the hood was down but when you opened the hood, the scoop went up with the hood.

#5 ·
found a thread regarding the banshee performance ram jet setup (this is a shakerhood for a fox). i guess banshee performance went out of buisness because the parts they sold wernt very popular. the thread has some contact info for the company and also has something about shinoda performance that sells a similar kit. but keep in mind, this thread was form 2005 and chances are, theyre not around anymore either.

Banshee RAM JET Inquiry - Mustang Forums at StangNet

Edit: found the shinoda performance website.
http://www.teamshinoda.com/Cart/

i know, no life:bigthumbsup

#6 ·
banshee performance had a shakerhood kit for the EFI 5.0. you could only use the stock intake, since it mounted right on top of it

ive been looking on ebay and craiglists for close to a year and cant find one...i thought they were extinct til the 5.0mag had a grey 347 gt with one a few months back

ive heard of people using CDC shaker hood kits for the 05+ gt. they look damn near identical to the older ones, and are a smaller scoop, but have alot of plastic to at the base to hide any modifying needed to make them work. i imagine that would be an easy route to take...especially since you have a carb'ed fox

#7 ·
#9 ·
The only one I have seen on a car ,looks like its made of cheap plastic and 2 small?Aren"t they cast alum?4 to 800 buck is alittle steep 4 me.Theres already a non function scoop with hole in hood,going to fill most of hole.and look for real 69,70 boss scoop and fab the rest.pulled scoop off to see how much room was from the air filter through the hood,good news for me about 2 inchs from top to filter,so I can do most of the work,while i can still drive car.mocked in cardboard,this friday I will glass it,and keep my eyes peeled for 1 of millions of junker 302 boss lying :heha:around.I believe that the whole air cleaner off the boss would be to big and have clearance issues with linkage and distrub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.