Ford Mustang Forum banner

Clutch quadrant questions

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  MELLOWYELLOW 
#1 ·
Anyone know where one can find a stock clutch quadrant for a 95? I'd like to go stock because of the self adjusting feature and I want to reuse my stock cable. If there's no stock one out there is there an aftermarket piece that I can use my stock cable w/out having to mess w a firewall adjuster?

Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.

#4 ·
Here's one on Ebay but it is pricey. Personally I think you are making

a mistake. One day it will leave you stranded on the side of the road

like mine did.

94 95 96 97 98 99 00 01 02 03 04 Mustang New Ford Clutch Quadrant and Shaft | eBay

You think a new plastic one will leave me stranded? The old plastic one hasn't yet (not saying that it won't someday soon) and it has over 300k miles on it.
But yikes! I'll take a pass on that one for $150

#3 ·
Go with the MM setup. Best quad/FWA/cable setup.

#6 ·
why wouldn't you just get a nice new clutch cable set up? 100 really isnt all that much money those things do wear out maybe yours made it a long time but that doesn't mean it isn't old and wearing out clutch cables stretch too and put more stress on those quadrants IMO its worth it to just spend that 75-100 now instead of risking getting stranded and paying 75+ for a tow and then the rest for a new cable that should have been in there in the first place : )

but if you really do want to stay stock and cant find one just go to a junk yard and pull one

#7 ·
Honestly it just seems like a hassle really. You knowmessing with the adjustment etc and hoping its adjusted right. Also more aftermarket parts to worry about failing or being of lesser quality (the cable mostly) than the oem with little benefit over what I have now. After the $100 spent it wouldn't be any faster or anything, I'd just have a metal quadrant and a cable to take slack out of. Why doesn't anyone make a metal one that's self adjusting? If mine was broken I guess I'd have to opt for the package deal since it seems like that's the only way to get a new quadrant. I was really just looking for one to replace the working high mile stocker because well it's old. However, since it seems like all of the metal ones require the firewall adjuster and no one makes an oem type, I'll probably just save that $100 incase I need a tow ;) She stays in the garage most of the time anyways except for a short trip to the store and such now and again.

#8 ·
Cry once. Go with the Maximum Motorsports system and be done with it. No worries with their cable since it is a stock cable. Go read about it on their website. Son's been running one 3 years this August and it is as smooth as the day I installed it.
EDIT: Let me add, do not mix products on this system. Stick to one brand for quadrant, cable and adjuster. And honestly, I would not consider anything but the MM system.

#9 ·
MM all the way!

Completely agree with upgrading to the MM kit, and likely never having to replace any of these parts again.

My stock cable broke at 200,200 miles, which I find very impressive. Especially since the $50 replacement cable from NAPA lasted literally less then 300 (mostly highway...) miles. Yes it was routed along the stock location and no it wasn't on the header.

I had the same concern about missing the self-adjuster, but couldn't find another cable I was willing to trust, so I got the MM kit. It went in with very little hassle - getting the old quadrant out was a pain though.

I wish I'd done it when I got the car 110k ago - the pedal is smoother and the adjustment process is easy, and it's more enjoyable to drive now.

#10 ·
The MM one is still adjustable, it's just adjusted on the firewall, thus easier to get to and adjust. Plus no worries about the whole might go any time thing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I went with an all Steeda set-up, Tri/Ax shifter, Aluminum quadrant, Firewall adjuster, and oem cable.

Pedal feels way better than it ever did with the stock plastic set up.

Yeah? When I had the motor rebuilt I got a new clutch and the pedal is now pretty stiff. Would an adjustable one make for less pedal effort?

#16 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.