Ford Mustang Forum banner

New guy with 29,970 mile 93 GT Convertible

3K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  fairmontdave 
#1 ·
Hi all,
New guy on the forum, just picked up a 1993 GT Convertible, 5 speed. The original owner was an older man who died about a year ago. His daughter sold the car to a man who had plans on modding the car for drag racing but decided the car was too nice. I bought it last weekend.
Car still rolls on the original tires!
The only things not original are the air filter, fuel filter, battery and radiator.

Here are a few pics as I got it
More pics here: 1993 Mustang GT Convertible by Pete H | Photobucket

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you

My bad, mileage is 24,970 not 29970. Anyway, this car won't be more than an occasional driver. I don't want it be the one who flips it to 30,000 miles

I plan on doing a full detail on the car. Yesterday I started with the trunk.

#6 ·
Wow, now that's a pearl! GREAT find. I would be happy to get out and push it past 30,000!! :wink:

Be careful of those tires. They get old and hard after so many years.

Reactions: PeteH
#13 ·
No. That will not affect the value in any way. If I could do it over and only do ONE thing to my car it would be install sub-frame connectors. I put them on about a year or two after I bought it new back in '95 and followed that mod with a 4-point lower brace as well. You can never have TOO much chassis bracing. I say never in a realistic context. All vehicles have to flex some or something will break. You just want to limit and minimize the flex as that will make a car loose way before its time.
You found a beautiful ride, bro' The Fox-body 'verts came with some additional and very minimal extra bracing. Stiffen it up some to enhance longevity, clean it up, and leave it alone.

#15 ·
Thanks for the comments. I will post more pics as I make progress.
No mods for this car. Sub-frame connectors are a great addition but this one is staying as original as possible. :smile:

#23 ·
Super! Don't do a thing to this car. Why would you? I understand all the short comings of the fox body, but this car is special, and shouldn't be altered in any way. Why would you want to do anything to this other than keep it stock? Keep this sweetheart stock now, and forever! No subs dude! And I love to alter Mustangs!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.