Ford Mustang Forum banner

1989 Street Heat Mustang Help!!

939 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CNTLOSE 
#1 ·
Hello All,

I need some help on here, and this is about my last-ditch effort to prove that I am NOT crazy....

I was a teenager back in 1989 (the good ole days), and I distinctly remember a 25th anniversary Mustang being offered that was called a "Street Heat" Mustang. The vehicle was mostly white and had a distinct dark-colored paint job on the lower body between the wheels that resembled a grid of sorts, with the words "Street Heat" painted over the grid in script writing. I am not sure of what the engine size was or if there were any other special modifications to the car. I had seen this Street Heat Mustang advertised many times on TV and had passed a few on the street back in the day, but never recall them being all that common, being a limited edition and all.

Fast forward 25 years, and it's like this car never existed. I've used Google, Yahoo, etc. and haven't seen one picture or website that has even mentioned this car. I have seen a model of a "street heat" Mustang come up on search engines that has the same era Fox body on it, but it has a dark blue paint job with yellow flames on the front, which was completely different from the mostly white Street Heat that I recalled from 1989. I did come across another white 25th Anniversary Mustang with a distinct red "25th Anniversary" paint job on the lower portion of the car, but it wasn't a "Street Heat", nor did it have the same type of paint job that the Street Heat had.

Please tell me that somebody else on here recalls this 1989 Street Heat Mustang. Other than the notion that I might be completely nuts or that I somehow got zapped into a parallel dimension, what could be the explanation for the lack of proof that this vehicle ever existed? The only thing that I can come up with is that it might've been a local thing that was only endemic to my area of the country (Youngstown, OH area) and was similar to the Yenko Camaro, if anybody recalls what that was.

I've told other people about the 1989 Street Heat Mustang, but nobody else seems to remember it. Please tell me that somebody else out there recalls this?

See less See more
#4 ·
It is possible it was a local dealership making their own special edition Mustang. Similar to the "Twister" Mustang that was around in the mid-80's. But nothing under that name was produced directly from Ford that I recall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.