Ford Mustang Forum banner

Need Help with front door speakers

499 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  huberoy123 
#1 ·
Hi, I bought 225 watt kicker door speakers from Best Buy. They looked to see if I had the right size and ohms, size is 6x8. I took the panel off to get at the speakers, and removed them. I took the negative and connected it to the negative on the speaker same with the positive. Connect the negative on the battery terminal, start the car and no sound comes out of the kickers. The tweeters and the rear deck are still working normally. So I unplugged the new ones and proceeded to plug in the old Infinity (which have a small capacitor on them like a little battery). Now the old Infinitys have no sound coming out of them. Best Buy want $100 to install the speakers, and I'm not trying to spend that. Thanks for any help.

#2 ·
First thing I would do is check the fade setting on your stereo (if you haven't already). If that is not the problem, check the voltage coming through the speaker wires. If there is none, check the wiring from the speakers to the radio. If you have no success with the troubleshooting, now is the time to let Best Buy do the install.
Speaker installs are relatively simple. However, you may have caused a problem when you removed the old speakers.

Good luck with your install.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.