Alternator Wiring Help, 1986 Mustang 5.0L - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008 Thread Starter
Alternator Wiring Help, 1986 Mustang 5.0L

I'm taking over the build of a Factory 5 Cobra Mark II that used an '86 Mustang 5.0L as a donar car. The guy swapped from EFI to carb and tossed the wiring harnesses. He purchased a wiring kit from Ron Francis, but it has no connectors and only basic instructions.

I'm trying to connect the alternator to the wiring kit. There are two connectors on the alternator. The first has two heavy gauge wires that solder together into a single wire. I believe this connects to the battery post on the solenoid. A third wire connects to the second connector. That's all for this connector, so I think I'm OK here.

The second connector has a Yellow/White wire and a Green/Black wire. I'm not sure where these connect. I'm also not sure how to hook-up the battery charge light. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-12-2008
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
Maybe this will help you.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fuel-alt-links-ign-ac.gif
Views:	24734
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	41034  

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

Sponsored Links
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page