Originally Posted by RLG34750
Do NOT attempt to lift the module from the mounting surface, except as explained above. The pins will break at the distributor module connector. To install:
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the distributor assembly from the engine.
- Place the distributor on the workbench and remove the module retaining screws. Pull the right side of the module down the distributor mounting flange and back up to disengage the module terminal from the connector in the distributor base. The module may be pulled toward the flange and away from the distributor.
- Coat the base plate of the TFI ignition module uniformly with 1/32 inch of silicone dielectric compound WA-10 or equivalent.
- Position the module on the distributor base mounting flange. Carefully position the module toward the distributor bowl and engage the three connector pins securely.
- Install the retaining screws. Tighten to 15-35 inch lbs (1.7-4.0 Nm), starting with the upper right screw.
- Install the distributor into the engine. Install the cap and wires.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Recheck the initial timing. Adjust if necessary.
I will attempt monday when I have more free time. I will let you know how it comes out, again thanks for the help.