What Seats Fit A 1988 Mustang LX? - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member
What Seats Fit A 1988 Mustang LX?

Hey Ive Got An 88 With Red Interior And Of Course....The Seats Are Faded To Crap, I Would Love To Get Some Red GT Seats But They Are Either Too Expensive, or Too Hard To Find.... So I Was Thinking About Getting Racing Seats But Again There is The issue Of Cost.......So i Was Wondering if There Were Any Other Years That The Seats Would Fit My 88 LX? I Work In An Auto Wreckers So I Am Allways Seeing Newer Year v6s And Stuff Comming Though.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010
PONY Member
5.0L Member
Send a message via Yahoo to 86Lx
Ive seen every seat up to 04's in them, the 05+ might work too but I just havnt seen it yet. Usually have to fab up a seat frame though

"I've got an idea--an idea so smart that my head would explode if I even began to know what I'm talking about."
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010
Made Member
5.0L Member
Any seat will fit. However most will not bolt right up. You need to buy new rails and weld them to the seats
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-29-2010
79-04 mustang will fit.......(bolt in)

actually almost any seat will fit as long as the size is close to the stock ones.....

You will have do some fab work to install your stock seat rails.......
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
Any seat will go in, if you have the brackets that match the seats... or do a bunch of modifying to get the seat rails to work with whatever seat you're working with.

Stock seats up to 2004 should go in, but they're still stock seats.

Personally, I'd go with a good aftermarket seat and bracket combination.

Best Car & Motorcycle Insurance | Auto/Moto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

AFM Site Administrator
Member: Mustang Club of America #82740, White Mustang Registry #362, NMRA, Fun Ford Weekend, Mustangs of Burlington

MOOG Certified Technician
For mods and sound clips, see profile and gallery.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010
5.0L Member
First off I'm not much of a fabricator but I was still able to get these 05/06 seats in to my 91..
Back seats don't fit but, I took the fabric off the 05's toook my rear seats to a local place that does car intreiors and they were able to fit them to my old seats..Pics are before rear seats were done..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture250.jpg
Views:	686
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	114498   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture256.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	127.2 KB
ID:	114499   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture271.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	196.8 KB
ID:	114500  

Last edited by EagleAutosports; 10-31-2010 at 04:12 PM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010 Thread Starter
V6 Member
S197 Member
That Looks Really Good, I Do have An 08v6 And I Was Thinking How Those Seats Would Look In The 88, Thanks For All The Input Guys....Looks Like I Will Have To Take A Walk Out In The Yard Today On My Lunch And See Whats back There.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page