H/C/I top end kit question - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011 Thread Starter
5.0L Member
Any Suggestions? H/C/I top end kit question

So I see that Trick Flow has a complete top end kit....
Cylinder Head Bolts, High Performance, Hex Head, Ford 289-302, Kit
Timing Cover Gaskets, Ford, Small Block, Kit
Pushrods, Chromemoly, 5/16 in. Diameter, 6.700 in. Length, Ball Ends, Hardened, Set of 16
Cylinder Head, Twisted Wedge, Aluminum, Assembled, 61cc Chamber, 170cc Intake Runner, Ford, 289/302/351W,Pair
Rocker Arms, Stud Mount, Full Roller, Aluminum, 1.6 Ratio, Fits 3/8 in. Stud, Ford,Small Block/351W, Set of 16
Filler Tube, Oil, Billet Aluminum, Natural, O-Rings, Cap, Ford, 5.0/5.8L EFI, Kit
Valve Covers, Stock Height, Cast Aluminum, Silver, Trick Flow Logo, Ford, Small Block, Pair
Head Set, Gaskets, Ford, 289/302/351W, Set
Camshaft, Hydraulic Roller Tappet, Advertised Duration 275/279, Lift .499/.510, Ford, Small Block, Each
Timing Chain, Double Roller, Billet Steel Sprockets, Ford, Small Block, Set
Intake Manifold, Street EFI, Aluminum, Silver Powdercoated, Multi-port, Ford, Mustang, 5.0L, Kit

My question is and I have been looking, is there other top end kits out there and who sells them?
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
SHELBY GT 350 Member
5.0L Member
trickflow kit has been out for like 10 years or more

holley makes one,
Holley SysteMAX Engine Kit

and i think edelbrock might have made one as well..not sure though,dont remember

if it were me,i'd buy the trickflow heads,holley intake and a CompCam or something from Anderson Ford

1987 Notchback - N/A stock 302, TFS heads, Holley Systemax, FTI cam, Astro A5
Best so far: 10.92 @ 123mph with a 1.49 60ft
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
SHELBY GT 500 Member
5.0L Member
I gotta agree with Joe on this one

2014 V6 Deep Impact Blue Mustang, Borla Type S, 2.73 (Uughh need 3.73)
1989 Sonic Blue Mustang LX Coupe, 349 ci,
392 rwhp 424 rwtq....Mustang Dyno
"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." -Will Rogers-
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
Made Member
5.0L Member
late model restoration has a few options as well as summit racing. I have the trick flow package and its great. takes the guess work out of the equation and you make great power.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011
GT Member
5.0L Member
Trickflow if you are going the route of a "kit"

347 turbo 95 GT & roller 95 GT (past 408w car)

Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page