Scale 1 to 10 replacing the rack is around 6.5 to 7
1) Place front on jackstands
2) remove wheels and tie rod ends
3) remove the fluid lines to the steering assembly, empty lines and replace all the fluid.
4) remove the steering bolts and bushings, replace these with new rubber or urethane bushings
5) place the new rack in place, bolt hoses.
6) Refill the steering reservoir
6) With the car still on the jacks and the engine OFF, turn the steering wheel around 20 times, this will make the fluid flow into the new rack. Add fluid as needed
7) Start the car, if theres noise, most probably you need to repeat step "6"
Rob Hernandez, AFM co-Founder.