94 gt injector question - Ford Mustang Forum
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013 Thread Starter
94 gt injector question

hello. new to the forum and need help identifing some parts.

I just bought a 94 mustang gt with the 5.0 v8 and the usual cai and BBK long tube header with H pipe exhaust upgrade. I was also told that it had larger injecters and a mild cam upgrade but when I looked at the injectors they have orange tops. from what I have been able to find says that those are stock 19# injectors. is there a larger injector that is also orange? and is there a way to tell what cam is in without tearing the motor apart? thanks a lot guys.
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013
MACH I Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
Orange top Ford injectors are 19#. Makes sense they would be 19# since unless the heads/intake have been changed, there is zero reason to put larger injectors in there.

Other than asking the guy that installed the cam, or looking at a receipt, pretty hard to see the cam without tearing it apart.

Sam guy telling you it has a cam as is telling you it has bigger injectors? Consider the source...

2006 GT - Vortech polished w/ intercooler, Eibach suspension, Hurst short-throw, some other goodies - tuned by Paul's High Performance. It moves...

and it collects dust admirably while parked for repairs in the garage...

SOLD - 1995 Black Mustang GT, AODE. Loved it, but I had to let it go...

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013 Thread Starter
thanks for the help. thats what I figured on the cams. and sence he wasnt honest about the injectors ill just go on the assumption that its stock.
he had no paperwork for any of the claimed engine work.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013
4.6L Member
ok, for anyone reading this "a mild cam" is code for "I'm ripping you off"...anyone who has replaced a cam will know exactly what went in it...I can still recall the first cam swap I did in a 289 Mustang...478, 292 Erson torker 2...and that was 30 years ago
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page