Ford Mustang Forum banner

What would you do?

577 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  DParis 
#1 ·
I just recently bought a 95 GT from a retired couple in their 70s. They bought it new and it was the wife's car. These people are not car people. The only maintenance records they have were left behind in Canada when they moved to Oregon three years ago. The guy says they did regular oil changes and I tend to believe him but I have no proof of that.

I am going to take the car to my mechanic of 20+ years next week and have him give it a tune up and a "once-over". Maybe adjust the clutch (seems to engage pretty high up the travel), do the usual inspections on brakes, under body, suspension etc.

The car has 72K original miles on it. What else, if anything, would you have your mechanic take a look at if this was your car?

#2 ·
I don't know if the clutch is similar to a Fox but the way you adjust is to put your foot under the pedal and lift up and then depress the pedal and you are good to go. As far as your car goes, honestly just a good once over and a tune up should be sufficient and I would do the fuel filter just in case its never been changed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.