Ford Mustang Forum banner

Estimated HP and ETs

614 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Kemp11115 
#1 ·
I'm currently having an engine built and i'm trying to get some estimated HP numbers, and et times. Ok so heres the setup im having done now. It is a 358ci small block ford in a 9.2 deck height svo block. It came out of a IMCA Spec dirt latemodel. 10.5:1 compression. Carrillo Rods and pistons, lightweight 50 Ibs crank. Brodix IMCA spec aluminum heads. Jesel shaft rockers 1.7. about 680 lift, dont remember the duration. Victor Jr. manifold. will be running a single stage external wet sump oiling system. Full length long tub headers, obviously.solid roller lifters. also not sure on what the timming was set at. The guy i bout it said that the motor had no problem spinning 8,000 rpm. from what ive read these IMCA spec motors make from 500 to 600hp on average. I guess im just curiouse to see what the oval track motor will do in the straight line. any advice or opinions are welcome. Thanks!

- Motor i run now is a 306ci ford that makes mabye 300hp. and i run 13.1 @ 103 with that. Should be a pretty fun change!!!

#2 ·
You're gonna need big RPM off the line on the dragstrip with a motor set up for circle track racing. It probably starts making HP/TQ over 3K RPM, meaning you'll need to actually have traction and a drivetrain that can handle a 5K launch. It's that or bog.

#3 ·
Well ill be having a new timing set put on it and having my builder dial in the cam for straight line so hopefully that helps a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.