Ford Mustang Forum banner

Guideplates making my rockers crooked

771 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cpembach1 
#1 ·
I bought scorpion 1.6 roller rockers and an adjustable pushrod for my Edelbrock Performer RPM heads. I found the right length, ordered the pushrods, and then tested them. I colored the stem with a dry erase marker, made sure the lifter was on the base, set the lash, and turned the crank a couple of times. The roller mark was directly in the center of the stem, so i knew i had gotten the correct pushrods, but when i set all the rockers on the studs they were all off centered with the stems because of the dang guideplates. I've heard similar stories, and when people call Edelbrock, they'll say to just adjust the guideplates or that they're fine the way they are, but that's a load of BS because people say you can't really adjust them much and anything but a perfectly straight rocker to lifter isn't good. This is my first engine build so it's little things like these i count on the 5.0 Shamans on this forum for. What do you guys think?

#4 ·
Sorry I can't really post any pictures but the guide plates are physically too wide. If I center one rocker dead on with the valve stem the other rocker will be crooked, so it looks like I'll have to get new ones. I'm just wondering, it says the rocker stud is 3/8" but i can't find any 3/8 stud guide plates, they're all 7/16. Since I'm able to move my guide plate around are the stud holes on them 7/16 so that they have a little room for adjustment/repositioning?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.