Ford Mustang Forum banner

speedo needle re calibration after installing reverse glow gauges.

754 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  whitemare 
#1 ·
just installed WHITE FACE REVERSE GLOW GAUGE INSERT on 92 fox body and speed is off by 4 mph. gps on phone says 60, speedo is saying 64 or 5. needle does sit on pin it looks like but resting it is above 0 a tiny bit. I thought someone suggested taking the resting pin out but don't think that will work seeing the needle need to rest on something. any ideas? 4 isn't a big deal but if I can get it close I want to, thanks!! forgot i also had gears changed but correct speedo gear that goes in trans. Possible it is off from both projects.

#2 ·
It's probably just the numbers on the overlay aren't spaced exactly how the originals are or the needle is dragging on the overlay a little since its thicker now. How does the cluster look at nite? I had I a whiteface overlay for a little bit and the lights on the gauges were dim as sht.

#3 ·
i think it could be the numbers aren't spaced right as well since it isn't off by much. needles aren't dragging, taped down gauges and they seem to be holding fine. they look great, they come with their own dimmer so I can adjust the brightness to how I want. i"ll try to post a pic tomorrow. Bought these since every time i turned up the factory dimmer the fuse would blow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.