Ford Mustang Forum banner

92 gt roller with 91 5.0 engine harness questions

506 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Rmiller771 
#1 ·
Hello. I've done some forum searching about harnesses and I understand the differences but I guess I'm missing something about the fuel pump relay. I have a 92 body and harness and my dad and I just picked up a 91 engine transmission and harness. My question is can I use the 92 harness on the 91 engine? I'm fine with putting the 91 harness in the car but How does that work with the relay being on the fender instead of under the seat? Can I just plug it into the 1 on the fender or do I need to move it under the seat? Any info would be super helpful. Thanks!

#2 ·
The fuel pump relay is part of the body/dash harness on a 91 & early 92 model,but the fuel pump relay is part of the main/computer harness on a late 92 & 93 model.If you try to use a 91 harness on a 92.5-93 model,you wont have a fuel pump relay,so use the 92 harness if the one youve got has two relays in the maf sensor area.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.