Ford Mustang Forum banner

New England Fall Cruise 2013 Edition

12K views 100 replies 23 participants last post by  tmv6 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,

Once again GT1120 and I are getting together for a ride in Western Mass. It'll be on Saturday October 26th (rain date Sunday the 27th) I'm thinking it will be the same route as last time (except maybe CCW instead of CW) GT and I will give more details later but if your schedule is like mine advance notice is helpful. Here is a link to the last Spring Cruise so those who haven't been before can read about it and see some photos.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-talk/439825-new-england-spring-cruise.html

Important note learned from another forum....GT and I assume NO responsibility for what happens, in fact we intend to try and make you end up in the ditch. This will give us the opportunity to strip your car of worthwhile parts before leaving you behind.

#2 ·
I put it on my calendar. Hopefully nothing more pressing comes up.

Good luck putting me into a ditch.

#3 ·
I really want to make it this year. I think we are free. I will have to check with the wife.

#5 ·
Count me in...no weekend work crap for the dates in question.

Maybe I won't get in a fender bender at the gas station the day beforehand this time. LOL.

#7 ·
Katie and I will be there! Damn, it's going to be a long wait!

Rob

#8 ·
Depends on how hungover I am on Saturday. :eyebulge:

#12 ·
The last ride was tough to schedule, weather wise. We hit it just right with one sunny day in between a bunch of rain. Having to drive 2 hours just to get to the meeting place before another 2-3 hours of driving means that my wife and I will only make the trek if we have good weather. The wife will be coming with my older son (14) and I will be bringing my younger son (12) as I did last time. Hopefully other cruisers can bring their kids too, my son loved it!

Have my own gopro too, so I would like to see if we can share our mp4 files from the last cruise. As full 1080p files are 2g each, a Skype file xfer is the way to go. PM me to get my username and I can share footage from the last cruise. If you are new to Skype, check it out, it's a great text/voice/vid chat program (or app for your smartphone). Be careful to never ever accept files over Skype unless you know the source. Just another way you can get a virus if you don't beware. Everyone should already have a virus scanner security program on their PC already...right? /me climbs off soap box.

#16 ·
Where's my personal invite, punk? ;-) Do you allow Miatas to follow in the back? Keep it in 2nd gear pls :grinroll:
?#

1. At your Ford dealer :grinroll:

2. Yes, but I'd advise against it. One of my buddies wants to come with his WRX, I like the dude but I will admit to trying to discourage him.

3. No, to the 2nd gear request.

#19 ·
Wish I lived closer, went on a cruise yesterday with a bunch of duds, weren't even doing 65 on nys thruway, got passed by tow trucks and priuses. Humiliating I tell ya, had to drive the vert today on my work route, on my own dime just to do some thrashing. Have funauto.gif

#20 ·
western mass cruise

This is my type of event...I put it on the calendar. I'm closer to Boston. Where is the start and time?

#21 ·
Once again for the third time, Im in, I hope third time is the charm, as the two previous times something has come up and I have missed it. If anyone is meeting at the Enfield mall parking lot prior to heading up for the run, please let me know. Thanks.

#22 ·
Mud and I usually meet in Cromwell. We can swing by Enfield and pick you up along with anyone else that meets there.

Rob

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#28 ·
I just realized that it will be peak foliage during the cruise. Photo op?

#29 ·
Whats the starting point, considering the drive there from central new york, dont mind 3 hrs in the seat just to get to some fun.

#30 ·
Search up spring cruise, you will find a map as well as the start time, assuming it's the same as last time. NM, here's the link;

www.allfordmustangs.com/.../439825-new-england-spring-cruise.html

This time we won't forget gt1120 at the gas station for those of us coming down from NH/Boston... Doh! That was a great side road that takes us to the main meeting spot!

Snagged a gopro hero3 too, the pix should be great.

#31 ·
Search up spring cruise, you will find a map as well as the start time, assuming it's the same as last time. NM, here's the link;

www.allfordmustangs.com/.../439825-new-england-spring-cruise.html

This time we won't forget gt1120 at the gas station for those of us coming down from NH/Boston... Doh! That was a great side road that takes us to the main meeting spot!

Snagged a gopro hero3 too, the pix should be great.
Yeah we will make sure we can count properly this time around :D

#33 ·
Details for Fall Cruise!

OK folks here we go......

http://goo.gl/maps/n8GFc

Cut and paste in your address bar this should give you the route, directions if you want to print them. I'll give a few details below.

The plan is still Saturday Oct 26 with rain date of Sunday the 27th

We are going to meet at 10:00 at the FL Roberts Truck Stop 372 State Rd (Rte 5) Whately MA I 91 Exit 24

From what Google says is a diner there so think photo op. Plan on getting on the road around 10:30. We will be following part of the same route as last year but hopefully with improvements. We will be hitting Rte 143, Rte 7, and the Mohawk Trail (Rte 2) I'm throwing in a little zig and changing the starting point to avoid North Hampton as that was entertaining to watch in the rear view as you all played leap frog with the red lights. Lunch is the same place as last year:

V's Doghouse, Restaurant and Pub Lanesboro, MA, Restaurants Near Pittsfield, MA, Restaurants In The Berkshires, Pubs In The Berkshires

and we will end up at the intersection of Rte 2 (Mohawk Trail) and I-91 exit 26 Google says 3 hours but if you add in lunch, photo ops, multiple cars and then subtract a bit of time for the disregard of the posted limit I'll guess a bit over 4 hrs.

Any suggestions will be considered so make them now.....looking forward to seeing you again.

Mud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.