Ford Mustang Forum banner

trying to order a 2014 mustang gt to no avail

3K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  luckypony 
#1 ·
I went to my local Ford dealer the other day to order a new 2014 Mustang GT premium in Grabber Blue. He first checks the dealer locator and can not find the car that I want. He then takes my order and tries to place it, only to be rejected. He states to me that the order can not be processed with Grabber Blue paint. When he inquires, he is told that Ford has built all the 2014 Mustang GT's for the model year in Grabber Blue. WTF !!!!!! Is this true? Can I get help at Ford with this problem? If not, I'm sure that Chevrolet would build me the Camaro that I want.

#2 ·
I would try another Ford Dealer,or you could contact Deysha our Ford Customer Service Rep on this site, and ask her that question, she will have the CORRECT answer for you, she might even be able to point you in the right direction for your order.

#3 ·
The dealer may not be incorrect. My dealer had to check allotment prior to submitting my order. For example, his particular dealership was only alloted 2 2014 V6s and 2 2014 GTs (I live in a small town). The allotment is totally different 50km up the road where they have an SVT dealership that takes in about 5 GT500s per year.

Certainly checking with Deysha is a step in the right direction though.

#4 ·
I've been in the retail side of the business for 14 years now, and this isn't all that uncommon. Manufacturers will often "build out" certain colors or trim levels (based on availability of parts, trim, paint, etc) and will notify dealers that combination X or Y is no longer available for a sold order. This happens fairly often near the end of a model run.

#5 ·
Can't say I'm surprised. I tried ordering a Gotta have it Green GT in late August only to find out 4 weeks in that it wasn't gonna happen. Shocked me because I was dealing with a high volume dealer. Didn't even bother trying with another dealer. I cancelled my order and started searching inventory at dealers within 50 miles. Found a car in the wrong color (Black) but with all the must have pieces.

You are getting pretty late in the model year.......and Ford has recently been cranking up at Flat Rock to meet big demand for Fusions. Not sure if that would have a negative or positive effect on Mustang builds. I can imagine that if might be a problem for a Mustang order.

#9 ·
Your right and it won't come in the Grabber Blue that was so important.

#7 ·
as someone else mentioned above, it could be that dealer has hit their allotment; try a different (bigger) dealer

#10 ·
Yeah, if you're so easily willing to get a cumaro just because you can't order a Mustang in the color you want then you should just buy the cumaro because you don't want a Mustang bad enough.

I saw another post the other day saying grabber blue wasn't available anymore.

#12 ·
grabber blue is no longer available; i ordered my car in late september and i could not get that color either; its gone; fords customer service on twitter also told me the same thing

#13 ·
I will consider another color and equipment. I am somewhat at a dis-advantage when looking for one on the dealer locator. The "right" Grabber Blue car may be out there, but I am limited as to which state has one. I can only look in 9 states that have the mandatory "California emissions" on the window sticker. The state of Pennsylvania will not issue a title to a new car that is not California emissions certified. Thanks to everybody for their help. No, I wouldn't buy a Camaro, I was just being sarcastic. I'll find something........

#14 ·
Now that is the Sucky part, Dang California Emissions, Have you concidered moving to get away from that or have relatives in another state you could register your car first (I know someone that used to do this in California to get around some of the Emission BS).

#15 ·
I'm pretty sure mustang productions slowing down a lot. I live about 40 minutes outside Detroit and we have a lot of large dealers around and they all seem to be ether out of mustangs or they only have a few. My dealer had around 15 on the lot when I got my car four mouths ago four weeks ago they had 5, just stopped today and they have 1 GHIG 5.0 on the lot. That's why I say if you want a 2014 you better go and get it. Dealers know a new mustangs coming out so why full there lots up with the old model.:sosad:

G
#19 ·
I went to my local Ford dealer the other day to order a new 2014 Mustang GT premium in Grabber Blue. He first checks the dealer locator and can not find the car that I want. He then takes my order and tries to place it, only to be rejected. He states to me that the order can not be processed with Grabber Blue paint. When he inquires, he is told that Ford has built all the 2014 Mustang GT's for the model year in Grabber Blue. Is this true? Can I get help at Ford with this problem?
Hello milkman50,

Your dealer is correct regarding the Grabber Blue orders. They are no longer able to order this color because it’s no longer available for the 2014MY.

I would try another Ford Dealer,or you could contact Deysha our Ford Customer Service Rep on this site, and ask her that question, she will have the CORRECT answer for you, she might even be able to point you in the right direction for your order.
Certainly checking with Deysha is a step in the right direction though.
Look at Ford Customer Service at the start of the forum, you will see Deysha"s name, send her a message she will respond to you as soon as she can,she is a very helpful lady.
Thank you, guys!

I've been in the retail side of the business for 14 years now, and this isn't all that uncommon. Manufacturers will often "build out" certain colors or trim levels (based on availability of parts, trim, paint, etc) and will notify dealers that combination X or Y is no longer available for a sold order. This happens fairly often near the end of a model run.
+1 HowellDoug! Good info... :yup:

how do I contact Deysha?
I think Deysha's account name on this forum is "FordService". She is very helpful!
Deysha can do a nation wide search for a specific car, just send her a PM and tell her all the options you want/need.
As these awesome guys mentioned, PM me and I’ll see what I can find for you.

Deysha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.