Go Back   Ford Mustang Forums > Mustang > 5.0 Mustang > 94-95 Tech

Welcome to our Mustang forums where Mustangers come together to hang out, discuss and enjoy their favorite Mustang hobby with fellow Mustang enthusiasts. We invite everyone to read, post, and enjoy our Mustang forum as well as the many other sections of our site.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest. By joining our community you gain access to post topics, communicate with members, upload your photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free so why wait, join our Mustang community today! If you have any problems with registration or your account login, please contact support.

1994-1995 5.0 Mustang SN95 Tech Forum

5.0L Talk | 5.0L Tech | 94-95 Tech | 1979-1993   1994   1995   Upload Pictures | Timeslips | Power Adders | Mustang Tech 

Reply   Post New Thread
Unread 04-22-2008   #1 (permalink)
bamagator8 is offline Rookie

bamagator8's Country Flag
Williston   Florida
bamagator8 is on a distinguished road
Default 1994 Mustang Power Seat Problems

The drivers side power seat quit working and is stuck in the rear position. I can't get to the two back bolts to remove it. Can anyone help before I further injure myself?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008   #2 (permalink)
heavy metal is offline GLOBAL MODERATOR

Mustang II Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

heavy metal's Country Flag  View heavy metal's 36 photos  View heavy metal's HomePage
Bradyville   Tennessee
heavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal

welcome to the site,enjoy!!!! have you checked the fuses?

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Unread 04-22-2008   #3 (permalink)

Williston   Florida

Yes it has been on it's way out for some time but it finally quit.
Unread 04-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
heavy metal is offline GLOBAL MODERATOR

Mustang II Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

heavy metal's Country Flag  View heavy metal's 36 photos  View heavy metal's HomePage
Bradyville   Tennessee
heavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud ofheavy metal has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to heavy metal

i suggest a long open end wrench,thats all i can think of,sorry.

Cherish those around you,for at the blink
of an eye,they can be gone.

AFM GLOBAL MODERATOR
Unread 04-22-2008   #5 (permalink)

Williston   Florida

I tried that but no room. I was hoping to manually move it forward somehow but I'm running out of ideas and patience.
Unread 04-23-2008   #6 (permalink)
stlwagon is online now MODERATOR

Classic Member
S197 Member

stlwagon's Country Flag  View stlwagon's 60 photos  View stlwagon's 2 classified ads
Southern   Maryland
stlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud ofstlwagon has much to be proud of
Send a message via Yahoo to stlwagon

Let's see if we can find a few answers in here.
Unread 12-03-2009   #7 (permalink)
jonathan s is offline Rookie

jonathan s's Country Flag
charlotte nc   Oklahoma
jonathan s is on a distinguished road
Default Power seat & power window problems?

Ive bought and sold several 94 -96 model stangs and nearly every one of them had issues with the power window motors and seats. First check the fuseblock under the hood. standing at the drivers side fender the second fuse inward is the power seat fuse. if its ok then pull the two screws that attach the seat power bitton and with a test light or bulb and wire. check to see if you have power at the switch. Also check the action of the switch if it feels sloppy in either direction then its likely in need of replacement. these years were notorious for bad switches and what would happen is the switch would stick and continue running and then it would cook out the motors and or take out the nylon gear that spins the threaded rod on either side that moves the seat fr and back. if the motor doesnt spin then it may be bad. in that case to MOVE it look under the front of the seat and the first motor youll see is the forward reverse motor. remove both cables from either side of the motor by twisting the plastic bushing and pull the 2 braided cables out. then try to push the seat forward from behind. as for removing the rear bolts a ratchety wrench works well to get in there and remove the back two bolts. FYI Some models use a nut and bolt with the head of the bolt accessable from up underneath the car. In that case use a six point socket and spray the bolt inside and out before attempting to remove. The higher dollar ratchety wrenches tend to be thinner and less bulky and will fit the inside better. often takes 2 people too.. OH yes bottom motor is the up down motor btw. try to oil them both as well as the threaded rods on either side to free them up. YOU CAN THANK FORDS BRILLIANT ENGINEERS THAT ARE PAID OBSCENE AMOUNTS OF MONEY ANNUALLY JUST TO FIGURE OUT WAYS TO MAKE IT NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR THE AVERAGE GUY TO WANT TO WORK ON IT HIMSELF. NATURALLY SO YOULL TAKE IT IN FOR REPAIR.
Good luck JP
Unread 12-04-2009   #8 (permalink)
jonathan s is offline Rookie

jonathan s's Country Flag
charlotte nc   Oklahoma
jonathan s is on a distinguished road
Angry 94 mustang power seat removal addendum

TO THE GUY WHO CANT GET TO THE FLOOR MOUNTING BOLTS DUE TO THE SEAT NOT GOING UP.. AT ALL FOUR CORNERS OF THE UNDERSIDE OF THE ACTUAL SEAT ITSELF THERE IS A 10MM BOLT THAT ATTACHES THE SEAT TO THE POWER ASSISTED BASE. REMOVE THESE 4 10MM BOLTS AND THE SEAT WILL LIFT RIGHT OFF.:kooky: THEN DISCONNECT THE 2 PLUGS / HARNESS THAT GO TO THE MOTORS. THEN IN ORDER TO SLIDE THE SEAT FORWARD. YOU MUST REMOVE THE TWO HEX OR TORX SCREWS LOCATED ON EACH SIDE OF THE THREADED ROD SCREW BLOCK. THIS WILL THEN ALLOW THE SEAT BASE TO SLIDE FORWARD SO YOU CAN ACCESS THE REAR FLOOR BOLTS WHICH ARE 15MM. BE SURE TO SPRAY THE TOP AND UNDERSIDE OF THE TWO REAR BOLTS WITH LUBRICANT AND WIRE BRUSH OFF ANY UNDERCOATING OR ROAD DIRT THAT MIGHT BE ON THE VISABLE THREADS FROM THE UNDERSIDE BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO REMOVE THEM!! IF THEY DO SNAP OFF...THOSE BOLTS DO PROTRUDE FROM THE UNDERSIDE BETTER THAN AN INCH SO YOU GOT ONE LAST SHOT AT REMOVING THE STUD FROM THE UNDERSIDE WITH A PIPE WRENCH. AND HEATING THE BOLT FIRST WITH A TORCH ALWAYS HELPS.. BUT BE CERTAIN NOT TO HEAT IT UP SO MUCH THAT IT CAUSES THE CARPET AND PADDING TO BURN OR SMOLDER. IF HEAT IS USED BE CAREFULL TO KEEP AN EYE ON IT UNTILL SHE IS COOL TO THE TOUCH .. AND LASTLY IF THE REMAINING NUB OF THE BOLT SNAPS OFF FROM THE UNDERSIDE.. YOULL HAVE TO DRILL AND TAP OUT THE STUD AND OR USE AN "EASY OUT" TOOL TO REMOVE THE REMAINING BOLT. "FYI IF ITS A NORTHERN VEHICLE THE BOLTS USUALLY SNAP EVERY FRIGGING TIME WITHOUT FAIL. LOL
GOOD LUCK & KEEP ME POSTED -JONATHAN S
Unread 12-12-2010   #9 (permalink)
geb
geb is offline Rookie

geb's Country Flag
Marietta   Georgia
geb is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks...

Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Beacause of it, I was able to remove the drivers seat in my 1995 mustang GT. One step I did differently was to remove the torque bolt for the track that did not work and I was to 1/2 power 1/2 manually move the seat forward in order to remove the back two bolts. Installing the new seat took no time. Two bolts, two nuts and a wire clip. :kooky:
Unread 12-12-2011   #10 (permalink)
ThisEmoKidd is offline Rookie

ThisEmoKidd's Country Flag
Reeds   Missouri
ThisEmoKidd is on a distinguished road
Cool Thanks a ton

I been having troubles with my driver seat, i figure the gears are bad on my windows, ill take those out today and look at the motor, see whats going on, BIG help on those under-screws. gives me a good idea of how to get that seat out for cleaning :shiny: :p :yelpleased: :kooky:
Unread 12-13-2011   #11 (permalink)
FL1A is offline Apprentice

FL1A's Country Flag
Atlanta   Georgia
FL1A is on a distinguished road

On my 94 GT Convertible, the cigarette lighter sockets were fouled inside and shorted out. That took out the fuse that also powers the seats. I replaced the sockets and that eliminated the seat problem.
Unread 02-25-2012   #12 (permalink)
dfahey is offline Rookie

dfahey's Country Flag
Charlotte   North Carolina
dfahey is on a distinguished road
Default can you manually lower a power seat?

I have a 95 GT convertible. The power seat runs forward and back, and the motor turns for up and down, but the seat doesn't move. I presume the gear is stripped. Is there a way to manually lower it? I normally drive with it all the way down.
Unread 02-25-2012   #13 (permalink)
FL1A is offline Apprentice

FL1A's Country Flag
Atlanta   Georgia
FL1A is on a distinguished road

I don't know if the design changed for the 95 from the 94, but on the 94 seat the motor has two crankshafts on each side with the motor at center that actuates a trapezoid assembly beneath each track. It may be easier to remove the seat from the floor and manually set it to the position you want. You should be able to access the bolts if you can move the seat front to rear. Then disconnect two connectors and you're there.
Unread 02-25-2012   #14 (permalink)
marq.fcb is offline Apprentice

5.0L Member

marq.fcb's Country Flag  View marq.fcb's 1 photo
Samobor
marq.fcb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to marq.fcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfahey View Post
The power seat runs forward and back, and the motor turns for up and down, but the seat doesn't move.
same problem in my case, but idk where is the problem
Unread 06-11-2012   #15 (permalink)
terminator2373 is offline Rookie

5.0L Member

terminator2373's Country Flag
Clayton   North Carolina
terminator2373 is on a distinguished road

My 94 Cobra will blow fuses. Sometimes fast and sometimes it takes a few minutes. I pulled the center console out to eliminate everything associated and it still blows fuses. I found some change in the tracks, removed it and for some reason it worked. Pulled the seat out, vacuumed and put it back in with no problems. Put the console back in and hit the power switch to go forward and BOOM, no more fuse.
I'm frustrated and I'm thinking of just swapping in manual seat tracks. Does anybody know if foxbody tracks work in a 1994?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply   Post New Thread

Mustang Photos
Mustang Links    Top Sites    RSS    Link To Us    Add to Favorites    Archive    Terms of Use    Site Rules    Privacy    Contact    Sponsors    Advertise   
AllFordMustangs is not affiliated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company. ©Copyright 2002-2011 All Auto Enthusiasts Network

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164